weak signal on certain carriers?

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed from the majority of the screenshots, the somewhat disturbing trend that most of the members posting have only 2-3 bars signal strength?

Did everybody here post from a basement/underground location or something? Or are this many people really getting such weak signals on their carriers? I'm with Telus in Toronto Canada, and I generally have 4 bars, sometimes 5, in my 14th-floor apartment; but often only 2-3 bars at my workplace, which is a retail store in which I'm only about 50' away from the front doors & windows.

Last edited by a moderator:

TekNinja81

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
(Err... just to clarify, as my post was originally in the iPhone 6 forum on a screenshot thread; this may be something specific to the iPhone 6/6+, and/or iOS 8.0.2 for example, or it may very well be common to older iPhone models as well.)

To expand on this: I know some phones may calculate/show signal strength differently, but I found with my previous phone, the HTC One M7, that I almost always had "full" signal at home, and probably 4 of 5 bars at work. As far as I can recall, the iPhone 6 is the first phone I've owned that doesn't usually have a full signal in my apartment, and I've lived there for about 7 years now.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77