Anyone else having issues with dropped calls with the iPhone 6?

zmenchhofer

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I have had VZW for YEARS and never had dropped calls.

I upgrade from the iPhone5 to the iPhone6 and I have had more dropped calls then I have had in 8+ years.

Anyone else having issues with dropped calls?

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6 dropped calls

Yes, I said this to one of my friends the other days. I've had Verizon for over 5 years. Maybe dropped 1 call a year or so. I've dropped like 5 since I got the 6.

Mason Rasmussen

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
iPhone 6 dropped calls

I could be wrong but I think it has to do with using the LTE network. I work in remote locations in the oilfields. If I am on the phone and my phone switches from LTE to 3G, the call gets dropped.

zmenchhofer

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

I called VZW and they checked everything, looks fine, checked my PRLs and they are up to date. . .

for instance, i waited on hold for 10+ mins for a VZW CSR and BAM dropped call :/

RescueEMT911

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site

I mentioned in another thread but I honestly believe there is either something wrong with the iPhone 6 radios or hopefully just software issues, my ip5 was great on verizon, now my reception is half of what I used to get, some calls are quiet, and I have had some drops, I never dropped a call in the 2 years I owned the iphone 5! Live in Western New York with decent verizon coverage

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site

You can try turning off the LTE voice. Right now there is no handoff mechanism from an LTE call to the CDMA network, so that could be interfering.

I've not had any issues with dropped calls on my iPhone 6 Plus, but have only had a chance to use it for calls the last few days.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
There are threads on Verizon and apples site about this. It seems to me like it may be a batch of defective phones.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I have had VZW for YEARS and never had dropped calls.

I upgrade from the iPhone5 to the iPhone6 and I have had more dropped calls then I have had in 8+ years.

Anyone else having issues with dropped calls?

It could have something to do with the VoLTE dropping signal or something like that.

EpicInUtah

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've had verizon for about ten years w/ no dropped calls I can remember. With my iPhone 6 I am getting at least 3 a day now. I also think it has to do w/ the VoLTE. I'm going to turn my voice LTE off and see if that fixes the problem...

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one experiencing this. I've had verizon for about ten years w/ no dropped calls I can remember. With my iPhone 6 I am getting at least 3 a day now. I also think it has to do w/ the VoLTE. I'm going to turn my voice LTE off and see if that fixes the problem...

I think it's an issue with the actual phone. I had that problem when I had my 6. I have a few friends with the 6 on verizon and none of them have the problem. Got rid of my 6 for a plus and haven't had a problem.

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be to sure about it being a hardware issue. I had dropped calls on my 6. When my Plus got here we reset the 6 and my wife started using it, hasn't had a dropped call yet. I also don't get drops on my Plus. Only difference in the setups was the 6 was restored from backup initially, my plus was setup as new and the 6 was setup as new when my wife took it over.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox