AT&T Mobile Share Plan

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
We just switched from a Family 720 plan, with 3 smartphones and one standard phone. Data plans included 2GB for my iPhone and 3GB for each the samsung galaxy for the wife and mom. 200 text message plan for two phones ($5/each). Made the swich to the mobile share plan that includes shared 10GB of data for 4 phones, unlimited talk and text for $160+taxes ($100 plus $15/phone). Were paying $180+takes (total around $195) for 720 shared minutes, the three data plans and two text message plans.. now we have more data, unlimited talk and unlimited text for $20 cheaper. We can add additional phones for $15/phone (will of course have to share the data)... The 15BG plan is $130 pluse $15/phone...

No changes to phone upgrade eligibility and no changes to existing contract. Seems like a good deal to me.... oh and the best part, each phone now includes Mobile Hot Spot!

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Had read about in morning
Its really so interested and too useful plan for sharing between family. :thumbup:

Sent from Tapatalk 2

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
We just switched from a Family 720 plan, with 3 smartphones and one standard phone. Data plans included 2GB for my iPhone and 3GB for each the samsung galaxy for the wife and mom. 200 text message plan for two phones ($5/each). Made the swich to the mobile share plan that includes shared 10GB of data for 4 phones, unlimited talk and text for $160+taxes ($100 plus $15/phone). Were paying $180+takes (total around $195) for 720 shared minutes, the three data plans and two text message plans.. now we have more data, unlimited talk and unlimited text for $20 cheaper. We can add additional phones for $15/phone (will of course have to share the data)... The 15BG plan is $130 pluse $15/phone...

No changes to phone upgrade eligibility and no changes to existing contract. Seems like a good deal to me.... oh and the best part, each phone now includes Mobile Hot Spot!

It does alter your upgrade eligibility. You now no longer qualify for phone subsidies(upgrade pricing). You are now forced to upgrade using Next. Read # 5 at the bottom of this article. http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_l...lies_on_its_best_in_class_4g_lte_network.html

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the 10gig plan I'm calling tomorrow see what I'll be able to save lol four phones 10 gig

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Next is fine I don't mind paying outright for the phone for a cheaper bill & no dang contract hate them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
It does alter your upgrade eligibility. You now no longer qualify for phone subsidies(upgrade pricing). You are now forced to upgrade using Next. Read # 5 at the bottom of this article. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

Three of our phones are eligible for upgrades now and the 4th is eligible for an upgrade in May 2015..

I'm not sure what this means "Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_best_in_class_4g_lte_network.html#sthash.QKp9hJ86.dpuf"

When we switched last night to this 10GB plan, the AT&T rep did not mention anything about NEXT.. Time for a phone call to AT&T this morning to get clarification.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Three of our phones are eligible for upgrades now and the 4th is eligible for an upgrade in May 2015..

I'm not sure what this means "Customers who choose to upgrade at the end of their current agreement are required to sign-up for NEXT, bring their own device or purchase a phone a full retail price in order to keep this plan. - See more at: http://about.att.com/newsroom/att_launches_best_ever_prices_for_families_on_its_best_in_class_4g_lte_network.html#sthash.QKp9hJ86.dpuf"

When we switched last night to this 10GB plan, the AT&T rep did not mention anything about NEXT.. Time for a phone call to AT&T this morning to get clarification.

I probably means that when you upgrade, you must choose Next. Let us know what Att says. Only reason I didn't jump on it is I have 2 lines with full upgrades that I want to use for iPhone 6.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Well as it turns out, if I do want to upgrade, I have three options:

1. upgrade using the Next (basically pay monthly installments) (for phones that are eligible for early upgrade)
2. pay full retail price
3. subsidized price on new 2 year contract (for phones that are eligible).

Considering that my wife got a new S4 last year and gave her S3 to her mom, I have no real interest in upgrading, as I still love my jailbroke 4s...

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my plan today. Joined AT&T back on October 2013 (3 lines on a 10GB data plan) Today I switched to the 3 lines/10GB/$145 plan. Including my 18% discount I'm now gonna save $57 a month. Great score!!!!

...via iPhone5S from TapaTalk...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded my plan today. Joined AT&T back on October 2013 (3 lines on a 10GB data plan) Today I switched to the 3 lines/10GB/$145 plan. Including my 18% discount I'm now gonna save $57 a month. Great score!!!!

plus the mobile hotspot, and unlimited talk/text... seems like a pretty good deal to me...

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like what their doing is giving you a discounted price on the plan to motivate customers to change over knowing that sooner or later everybody will have to upgrade and then WAMBAM they got you. Because it's not fair for both type customers to pay the same rate when one paid full price and the other isn't

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

dfb8085

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey sjperformance sounds like you may be an employee mentioning 18% discount. I was wondering about that just hadn't had a chance to go down and inquire at the store

kgvickers

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
This is a much better deal for people that don't upgrade often. I've got friends who are still happy with their old 3Gs. All this time they've been paying a premium even though they not upgraded in years.

I'll wait and snag a used iPhone 6 on the local craigslist for my next "upgrade".

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Hey sjperformance sounds like you may be an employee mentioning 18% discount. I was wondering about that just hadn't had a chance to go down and inquire at the store

AT&T and Verizon give discounts to a lot of different companies. I get a 22% discount through AT&T and I work for a large insurance company.

The discount is just on the service, not extras or equipment.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

Not an employee. Just a FIU grad with a student ID. That alone qualifies with for 18% off data charge only. Regardless it's $20 off plus the new plan discounted price. Saving a bunch per month :)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I had 450 minutes for $40, $30 for 3 gigs of data, and $20 for texting. I was paying about $90 a month after fees and taxes. I have a 25% discount which applies to the largest part of the plan. Switched to the $100/10 gigs plan which actually is $75 and costed $15 to add the phone. So I'll be paying about $98 a month now for 10 gigs as opposed to $90 for 3 gigs. Pretty happy with that.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I switched our plan and NOWHERE is it mentioned that NEXT is our only option, and I confirmed that with multiple reps that you can still do subsidized upgrades. Mind you I was already on a mobile share plan, we just switched to a different mobile share option.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I switched our plan and NOWHERE is it mentioned that NEXT is our only option, and I confirmed that with multiple reps that you can still do subsidized upgrades. Mind you I was already on a mobile share plan, we just switched to a different mobile share option.

Then you didn't read the link I posted above. Here it is again. Read # 5. AT&T Launches Best-Ever Prices for Families on its Best-in-Class 4G LTE Network | AT&T

i have confirmed it with a supervisor that you can't get device subsidy if you keep this plan.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR