I remember that some carriers allow wifi calling on Android devices that are on their network. Does anyone want wifi calling on iPhone?

If you don't know what wifi calling... It allows you to call other people using your phone on wifi if there isn't any coverage from your carrier in that location and you don't have to pay for roaming fees. It charges the calling time to your cell phone bill.
    01-16-2014 08:44 PM
    Everything will be voice over LTE in the not too distant future at least on Verizon...
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-16-2014 09:00 PM
    Everything will be voice over LTE in the not too distant future at least on Verizon...
    How do you know? I guess Verzion could make a lot of money of overages.
    01-16-2014 09:29 PM
    I read.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-16-2014 10:00 PM
    I remember that some carriers allow wifi calling on Android devices that are on their network. Does anyone want wifi calling on iPhone?

If you don't know what wifi calling... It allows you to call other people using your phone on wifi if there isn't any coverage from your carrier in that location and you don't have to pay for roaming fees. It charges the calling time to your cell phone bill.
    Well, we can use FaceTime audio. It works over wifi. I don't know about wifi calling.
    01-16-2014 10:54 PM
    Verizon has stated quite a few times that VoLTE is the next move for them.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-16-2014 11:26 PM
    T-Mobile's WiFi app is open sourced. I haven't seen it listed anywhere, but shouldn't it be possible for someone to add the app into iOS themselves? Is it already available to those with a jailbroken phone?
    01-17-2014 10:39 AM

I think you just post to get your count up. It's called FaceTime Audio.

Well, we can use FaceTime audio. It works over wifi. I don't know about wifi calling.
    ....and there we have it, sanc gets it.
    Thegoat8664 likes this.
    01-21-2014 01:57 PM

If I'm not mistaken, that's only for iOS to iOS, right? Completely different than wifi calling.

I didn't use wifi calling much but it comes in handy if you have poor service. I'd like to see it on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-21-2014 02:44 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, that's only for iOS to iOS, right? Completely different than wifi calling.

I didn't use wifi calling much but it comes in handy if you have poor service. I'd like to see it on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA
    Your friends should have iPhones. T-Mobile has **** for service anyway, that's why they offered wifi calling to begin with.
    01-21-2014 03:18 PM
    Your friends should have iPhones. T-Mobile has **** for service anyway, that's why they offered wifi calling to begin with.
    First of all, I'm not trying to run up my post count. Second of all, I wasn't talking about FaceTime. Lastly, not all people think that an iPhone is the perfect choice of device for them.
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    01-21-2014 03:32 PM

I was trying to ask other people if they would like wifi calling on their iPhone. I know we could use FaceTime Audio. That isn't the point of this thread.
    01-21-2014 03:37 PM
    I was trying to ask other people if they would like wifi calling on their iPhone. I know we could use FaceTime Audio. That isn't the point of this thread.
    Apple probably won't add in wifi calling until Verizon and/or ATT offer it. Afaik in the US, only tmobile offers it.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-21-2014 05:03 PM
    Apple probably won't add in wifi calling until Verizon and/or ATT offer it. Afaik in the US, only tmobile offers it.
    I know that T-Mobile offers it but does it work with the iPhone?
    01-21-2014 06:22 PM
    It'd be great to have wifi calling on iPhone, I've certainly enjoyed Hangouts for that very reason
    01-21-2014 06:34 PM
    I know that T-Mobile offers it but does it work with the iPhone?
    No.
    01-21-2014 06:37 PM
    No.
    Thank you.
    01-21-2014 06:51 PM
    I know Rogers in Canada has an app for android and iPhone that let's you use wifi for calling.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    01-21-2014 11:32 PM
    I believe T-Mobile said at launch last April that at some point there should be wifi calling with iPhones, but they weren't at that point yet? Still aren't at that point, clearly.

I'd definitely want it. Anytime you can add to what is available, it's good.
    01-29-2014 05:33 PM
    I believe T-Mobile said at launch last April that at some point there should be wifi calling with iPhones, but they weren't at that point yet? Still aren't at that point, clearly.

I'd definitely want it. Anytime you can add to what is available, it's good.
    I wonder why. If their android offerings can offer it it can't be too complete so I wonder why their iPhones don't have it yet.

Sent from my iRiidium rMini LTE
    01-29-2014 05:50 PM
    I wonder why. If their android offerings can offer it it can't be too complete so I wonder why their iPhones don't have it yet.

More than likely because Apple would have to make iOS changes to support it and with only Tmobile offering it, Apple doesn't think it's worth it.
    01-29-2014 06:10 PM
    More than likely because Apple would have to make iOS changes to support it and with only Tmobile offering it, Apple doesn't think it's worth it.
    Ahhhh...I get it. It's too, as one might say, "ghetto" ...for the iPhone. I thought it was something along those lines.

01-29-2014 06:12 PM
    Ahhhh...I get it. It's too, as one might say, "ghetto" ...for the iPhone. I thought it was something along those lines.

I don't think "ghetto" is the right word. If ATT and Verizon wanted it, I think Apple would add it. It's just a matter of where Apple focuses their efforts adding features to iOS, and the number of tmobile customers is just dwarfed by other more phrasing needs that affect many more people.
    01-29-2014 06:14 PM
    I don't think "ghetto" is the right word. If ATT and Verizon wanted it, I think Apple would add it. It's just a matter of where Apple focuses their efforts adding features to iOS, and the number of tmobile customers is just dwarfed by other more phrasing needs that affect many more people.
    That's a much more "polite" way of saying somewhat the same thing I said. Well done.

Sent from my 64GB Titanium 5s
    01-29-2014 06:26 PM
    No I don't want WiFi calling on the iPhone. If I have WiFi access I would rather use FaceTime audio, Skype or another app to make phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-29-2014 06:35 PM
34 12