Does anyone want wifi calling on iPhone?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I remember that some carriers allow wifi calling on Android devices that are on their network. Does anyone want wifi calling on iPhone?

If you don't know what wifi calling... It allows you to call other people using your phone on wifi if there isn't any coverage from your carrier in that location and you don't have to pay for roaming fees. It charges the calling time to your cell phone bill.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I remember that some carriers allow wifi calling on Android devices that are on their network. Does anyone want wifi calling on iPhone?

If you don't know what wifi calling... It allows you to call other people using your phone on wifi if there isn't any coverage from your carrier in that location and you don't have to pay for roaming fees. It charges the calling time to your cell phone bill.

Well, we can use FaceTime audio. It works over wifi. I don't know about wifi calling.

i2y4n

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile's WiFi app is open sourced. I haven't seen it listed anywhere, but shouldn't it be possible for someone to add the app into iOS themselves? Is it already available to those with a jailbroken phone?

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I think you just post to get your count up. It's called FaceTime Audio.

Well, we can use FaceTime audio. It works over wifi. I don't know about wifi calling.

....and there we have it, sanc gets it.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I think you just post to get your count up. It's called FaceTime Audio.

....and there we have it, sanc gets it.

If I'm not mistaken, that's only for iOS to iOS, right? Completely different than wifi calling.

I didn't use wifi calling much but it comes in handy if you have poor service. I'd like to see it on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
If I'm not mistaken, that's only for iOS to iOS, right? Completely different than wifi calling.

I didn't use wifi calling much but it comes in handy if you have poor service. I'd like to see it on the iPhone.

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA

Your friends should have iPhones. T-Mobile has **** for service anyway, that's why they offered wifi calling to begin with.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Your friends should have iPhones. T-Mobile has **** for service anyway, that's why they offered wifi calling to begin with.

First of all, I'm not trying to run up my post count. Second of all, I wasn't talking about FaceTime. Lastly, not all people think that an iPhone is the perfect choice of device for them. :)

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I know Rogers in Canada has an app for android and iPhone that let's you use wifi for calling.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile said at launch last April that at some point there should be wifi calling with iPhones, but they weren't at that point yet? Still aren't at that point, clearly.

I'd definitely want it. Anytime you can add to what is available, it's good.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I believe T-Mobile said at launch last April that at some point there should be wifi calling with iPhones, but they weren't at that point yet? Still aren't at that point, clearly.

I'd definitely want it. Anytime you can add to what is available, it's good.

I wonder why. If their android offerings can offer it it can't be too complete so I wonder why their iPhones don't have it yet.

Sent from my iRiidium rMini LTE

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
More than likely because Apple would have to make iOS changes to support it and with only Tmobile offering it, Apple doesn't think it's worth it.

Ahhhh...I get it. It's too, as one might say, "ghetto" ...for the iPhone. I thought it was something along those lines.

Sent from my iRiidium rMini LTE

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't think "ghetto" is the right word. If ATT and Verizon wanted it, I think Apple would add it. It's just a matter of where Apple focuses their efforts adding features to iOS, and the number of tmobile customers is just dwarfed by other more phrasing needs that affect many more people.

That's a much more "polite" way of saying somewhat the same thing I said. Well done.

Sent from my 64GB Titanium 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative