Verizon 4G outage?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
My 5S has been acting funny all day. Even a hard reset hasn't been helping! My internet is slow if it works at all, I have good bars, but still slow. iMessage has also been weird. It sends as texts than every once in a while it will send as an iMessage than back to text. It takes forever to send a message. I thought maybe there was a 4G outage?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There may be local issues where you happen to be... I've not heard/seen anything reported on a large scale...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
My 5S has been acting funny all day. Even a hard reset hasn't been helping! My internet is slow if it works at all, I have good bars, but still slow. iMessage has also been weird. It sends as texts than every once in a while it will send as an iMessage than back to text. It takes forever to send a message. I thought maybe there was a 4G outage?

Just because you have 5 bars doesn't mean you have the fastest speed. You can have 2 bars somewhere and have a faster speed than somewhere else that you have 5 bars.

There could be an issue with Verizon's data network but I'm in Canada so I have no idea.

The 4G data issues is most likely causing your iMessage issue cause iMessage uses data and if there is no data connection or it's slow it will send as a text message instead.

Sent from my iPod touch (5th generation) or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming soon) using Tapatalk.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you try resetting your network settings? I would also give putting your 5S into airplane mode for a few minutes a try. I've done this before with AT&T in the past and it did seem to help. If nothing works be sure and call Verizon and report the trouble so they can take a look at the local toward that are in your area to see if any of them were out or if other people like you were also reporting trouble in that area. Good luck.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2