Sprint LTE in Philadelphia

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got a iPhone 5s and LTE coverage is good but strange. Right now I'm playing at club( I'm a musician) I'm on the 2nd floor and LTE is great up here 4dots. If I walk outside its 5 dots of 3G.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sprint is trying to work it out. I read in their site the just started rolling it out in July in Philly.
Actually it was the same deal in Baltimore last week. Mad LTE on the 15th floor of a Hotel and 3G and Edge outside in front of the hotel.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I've been waiting for LTE for over a year here. They keep telling me this month it's only 30 miles away from me but it feels like light years away

Sprint needs to speed this up I tried LTE and like it and I want it now

Sent from my iPhone 5

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was at the Philadelphia Art Museum this morning which is in downtown Philly and the LTE was really fast. Seemed faster than my home wifi.

e1tonka

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I just switched 11. ELEVEN PHONES from AT&T to Sprint with the whole 'bring your number savings'. I looked at the LTE coverage map and my house is in one of the best coverage zones according to the map. I live on Bustleton Ave and the boulevard (zipcode 19149).

I get ZERO LTE on all 11 devices. 9 iPhones (4 5s and 5 5c) and 2 Samsungs (1 Note 3 and 1 S4). The LTE signal will display itself occasionally but it will drop within seconds. It is now October 09 2013. I get 'decent' LTE downtown (8D/3U) but otherwise no connection. If I leave my house and go most places in NE philly, I get 1x on all devices.

In NJ I at least get consistent 3G service but obviously no LTE where I work but I knew that prior to switching. I used to get 23D/15-18U on AT&T at home and now I get no LTE at all and 3g at 0.11D. Is there any recent, legit info on LTE improvement in Philly?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Wow I finally got LTE in Johnston RI about 7 miles from my house. This is great news I got a message from sprint yesterday so I turned on LTE and nothing but I left the toggle on and then I just saw it.
null_zps48b0fba4.png

Sent from my iPhone 5

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just switched 11. ELEVEN PHONES from AT&T to Sprint with the whole 'bring your number savings'. I looked at the LTE coverage map and my house is in one of the best coverage zones according to the map. I live on Bustleton Ave and the boulevard (zipcode 19149).

I get ZERO LTE on all 11 devices. 9 iPhones (4 5s and 5 5c) and 2 Samsungs (1 Note 3 and 1 S4). The LTE signal will display itself occasionally but it will drop within seconds. It is now October 09 2013. I get 'decent' LTE downtown (8D/3U) but otherwise no connection. If I leave my house and go most places in NE philly, I get 1x on all devices.

In NJ I at least get consistent 3G service but obviously no LTE where I work but I knew that prior to switching. I used to get 23D/15-18U on AT&T at home and now I get no LTE at all and 3g at 0.11D. Is there any recent, legit info on LTE improvement in Philly?

The 5S is my first LTE phone. I know Sprint just started implementing LTE in July 2013.

I get good LTE speeds around Parkside Ave near Belmont and the Mann Music Center. Also areas in Mt Airy. The only time I have had 1x was in Baltimore for a about a min.

I got my 5S at the Sprint store on Roosevelt Blvd on 9/24 I don't remember if LTE kicked around that way.

This summer it seemed as though Sprint was working in its system in my area. I get great a signal in the house but around August I for a week or so I would get 1 bar and couldn't make or receive calls consistently. Now it's back to normal 5-4 bars in the house.

I think Sprint was the last to jump on LTE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
^ I feel your pain. The instant I turned off the highway to the road where my house is, I dropped from 3G to 1x if I was lucky. I had a paperweight.

Seems even with LTE, Sprint hasn't changed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods