Thinking of moving to MetroPCS

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you have used MetroPCS and what your thought are.

My contract with Verizon is up 2 days before the iPhone 5s event and MetroPCS has LTE in my area and would really like to save some money each month.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: MetroPCS

Why not get sprint. There cheapest plan is 60 and that everything unlimited. So I know there lte is not fast. But I Rather have 4 mb per sec and unlimited them 20 mb on a 2 gb plan. If u would like to join sprint. I can give a sprint Employee name and I'd number so u can get the 60 plan.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Why not get sprint. There cheapest plan is 60 and that everything unlimited. So I know there lte is not fast. But I Rather have 4 mb per sec and unlimited them 20 mb on a 2 gb plan. If u would like to join sprint. I can give a sprint Employee name and I'd number so u can get the 60 plan.

Sprint is terrible in my opinion. I worked at a call center that dealt with Sprint and all I received was angry customers on the line about crappy service namely having to deal with their Network Vision initiative where customers were experiencing service issues with up to 6 month time frames without resolution for said LTE network upgrades. Plus the fact that Sprint still doesn't have LTE in my area.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

So u work for sprint as a third party. Taking the calls. That pretty cool.

bxnextel86

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site

Lol but I love sprint. It been 9 years. All i pay is 95 for the first line plus 10 then 15 for the second and third plus 10 for each one. Bc I just got a Referral Employee discount. So I save now almost 300 a year. U cannot beat that. But the only downside to it. That I cannot upgrade at best buy or at the apple store. Or any third party store. It has to be at a sprint store. To bad sprint doesn't price match. Bc sometimes best buy or radio shack has good deal. But yea metro pcs has really good lte in the Bronx. But I heard that metro pcs is gsm now and they r using tmobile lines

johndhynes

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site

I hadn't heard that they're supporting iPhones. I have an iPhone 4S out of contract, but I pay AT&T only $40, including unlimited data (5GB cap), though. I've used 1GB in the past 10 days. I see Metro has a 500MB cap on their $40 unlimited plan, 2.5GB for $50, their uncapped $60 plan requires you buy a phone from them and they don't look like they're selling iPhones, themselves.

I had MetroPCS for years before I got an iPhone, and lots of my friends still have them. They're prepaid, no contract, no limits, no overage fees. Just make sure you pay your bill before your month ends, or you'll be running to the nearest Metro store to get your phone turned back on. I had my account on auto-pay, but I have some friends who can never be reached at certain times of the month because they're always late. Their customer service sucked, but maybe not more than other carriers. I only had 2G phones, so I don't know how their 3G or LTE is, but I talked to one friend who has LTE and he's happy with it.

I live in the SF Bay Area, they've been here a long time and coverage is pretty good. I had family in Detroit and Florida, which they also cover; I don't know about coverage elsewhere. I think they use partnerships with other carriers in some areas.

Since they're merging with T-Mobile, I don't know what's going to happen to them.

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I hadn't heard that they're supporting iPhones. I have an iPhone 4S out of contract, but I pay AT&T only $40, including unlimited data (5GB cap), though. I've used 1GB in the past 10 days. I see Metro has a 500MB cap on their $40 unlimited plan, 2.5GB for $50, their uncapped $60 plan requires you buy a phone from them and they don't look like they're selling iPhones, themselves.

I had MetroPCS for years before I got an iPhone, and lots of my friends still have them. They're prepaid, no contract, no limits, no overage fees. Just make sure you pay your bill before your month ends, or you'll be running to the nearest Metro store to get your phone turned back on. I had my account on auto-pay, but I have some friends who can never be reached at certain times of the month because they're always late. Their customer service sucked, but maybe not more than other carriers. I only had 2G phones, so I don't know how their 3G or LTE is, but I talked to one friend who has LTE and he's happy with it.

I live in the SF Bay Area, they've been here a long time and coverage is pretty good. I had family in Detroit and Florida, which they also cover; I don't know about coverage elsewhere. I think they use partnerships with other carriers in some areas.

Since they're merging with T-Mobile, I don't know what's going to happen to them.

The merge with T-Mo is why I wouldn't want to go with them now as T-Mo's coverage in my area is blah at best. The in town coverage is awesome but the fact that I had full bars with LTE while my friend didn't even get service 25 miles away from town in the country made me love Verizon even more LOL.

Carried by a raven from The Wall.

cris3318

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site

I have sprint if you don't mind of share the employee discount you use it would be great...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73