How Is Your iPhone Configured while Roaming?

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering what do you guys do when roaming? Do you shut off your phone totally or just leave Data Roamimg off? I personally just leave data roaming off, and maybe sometimes turn it on for a a min to check things.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm just wondering what do you guys do when roaming? Do you shut off your phone totally or just leave Data Roamimg off? I personally just leave data roaming off, and maybe sometimes turn it on for a a min to check things.

What do you mean by roaming? I'm assuming you're on a small carrier that still has roaming. All the major carriers like ATT and Verizon no longer have traditional roaming. I am on Verizon so I never have to deal with roaming.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and I have data roaming set to on. I travel through rural areas so my iPhone roams quite a bit.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Rogers. I'm talking about actually roaming. Just wondering what you guys do? Just leave data roaming off? Or what? Just a general question.. For ex AT&T-Rogers

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Roaming overseas?? Last time I was in South America I turned off roaming in the iphone but somehow it connected to local networks and got texts and calls, I called at&t and asked them to disable the roaming option on my account and I now get a " No service" everywhere I go, this is good because you can still use wifi and gps ..

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ya data roaming just shuts off Data which is key to shut off. I want texts and calls. But you don't get charged for incoming texts. At least on Rogers you don't. As long you have a domestic texting plan.

Jemjee

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I keep Data Roaming turned off. I live in the Detroit area, and sometimes when I'm near the Detroit River (which separates the US and Canada) I'll pick up a Telus tower. AT&T usually sends me a text letting me know that I'm outside of their network and that data is no longer covered by my plan.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I keep Data Roaming turned off. I live in the Detroit area, and sometimes when I'm near the Detroit River (which separates the US and Canada) I'll pick up a Telus tower. AT&T usually sends me a text letting me know that I'm outside of their network and that data is no longer covered by my plan.

If you were to get a charge, you can *usually* dispute it successfully. I believe the big telcos have border agreements wherever tower range extends beyond national borders. I know if successfully disputed charges with Rogers several times. They were very good about it and didn't make a fuss at all.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just leave data roaming off when traveling. Always leave the network on.. So I can get texts and calls I know it costs money to answer the call or text but I know I won't get unknown charges..

Jake90087

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
I am on Vodafone UK so when I roam in Europe I pay ?3 per day for use of my plan normally. I'm in the USA right now so I have a SIM from T-Mobile to avoid horrendous charges. Basically data roaming on. Always.

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
When I travel overseas, I buy one of the data roaming packages from AT&T. When I am there, I turn data roaming off but keep the phone on.

I turn data roaming on to check my email etc twice a day or so. This has worked for me so far. :)

Sent From My iPhone 5 Using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711