Iphone 3gs Straight Talk "no service"

PrintableIpad2953

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone! I just recently purchased a used factory unlocked iphone 3gs to use on straight talk. I have had my straight talk sim for a while now (and it works), and expected no problems with simply putting it in the iphone 3gs. I put the sim in and it said "searching" then "no service". I have tried rebooting, and choosing a custom apn from the unlockit.co.nz website from the phone via wifi and niether worked. If anyone has a solution for this that would be amazing. Thanks for any help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I found the below instruction from the Straight Talk website found HERE.

How do I update my iPhone APN settings?

If you have an AT&T compatible iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 or 4S running iOS 4.0 or higher you may click on the link below and we can attempt to update your APN settings.
This link may not work based on limitations and configuration settings you may have on your iPhone, please contact the manufacturer or point of purchase for further support regarding your phone. Your phone must be connected to Wi-Fi in order to continue.

1. 1. While on Wi-Fi, open Safari and type in iapnupdateatt.straighttalk.com.
  2. 2. Tap Install.
  3. 3. Tap Install Now.
  4. 4. Enter your pass code if prompted.
  5. 5. Tap Done.
  6. 6. At this point you can exit your browser, turn off Wi-Fi, and re-boot your phone.
  7. 7. With Wi-Fi off, access Safari to ensure your data connection is working.

To activate online:
https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...ww.straighttalk.com%2FActivate&token=jBTs-wEY
Please note that this will not enable MMS (Multi-Media Messaging) and we do not support this service for iPhone customers.
By clicking this link you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditionsiapnupdateatt.straighttalk.com

PrintableIpad2953

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks very much for the quick response, I appreciate it. I followed the instructions and it still didn't work. Is it possible that this might be a straight talk issue? Thanks for any help!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for the quick response, I appreciate it. I followed the instructions and it still didn't work. Is it possible that this might be a straight talk issue? Thanks for any help!

Yes, it is possible, but I can't say with any certainty. Anyway, if there is a Straight Talk store or Straight Talk support store, you may want to take it there and have an employee get it working for you.