Simultaneous Voice and Data on Verizon iPhone 5?

Harley_guy

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Please tell me that while I am on a call with my IPhone 5, I can search web if I need to find answer to question the person is asking of me.
Do you have to turn something on to do this? The reason I asked is cause today had a contractor call me and ask for detail about a product he was going to be using, he gave me the website to look the information up.
I tried to access Safari but said something of no data while on voice call.
Please tell me this is not so, I have four jobs running now and will have to be on my phone most of the day.

Thanks in advance
Wolverine

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Verizon and Sprint iPhones cannot surf the web and talk at the same time, unless they are on WiFi. It's sad, but true.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
one can talk/surf using a VoIP app... and this will become a thing of the past when Verizon migrates to voice over LTE... and that is coming...

Harley_guy

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Voice over LTE? Then you will be able to surf and talk at same time? And if so when is Verizon looking to upgrade to this.
Thank you both

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Voice over LTE? Then you will be able to surf and talk at same time? And if so when is Verizon looking to upgrade to this.
Thank you both

According to some news reports as recently as this past Tuesday... Verizon was said to be "ready for VoLTE 'this year'"...

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I doubt that existing phones can be software upgraded to support VoLTE. That seems like something that should be in the radio firmware. Just my opinion obviously. :)

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I doubt that existing phones can be software upgraded to support VoLTE. That seems like something that should be in the radio firmware. Just my opinion obviously. :)

The radio firmware is the 4G antennas already included in the phone. Phones have the 4G components, the infrastructure still doesn't have everything 4G. You're really at more of a 3.5G right now.

In all reality, the software could already be in place to make this work. Just as older iPhones would revert to Edge when 3G wasn't available, the modern version could be reverting to 3G when VoLTE isn't available, which is currently always. Worst case, they'd need a carrier update.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site

I've heard this may be the case. If someone knows otherwise, that would be helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro