Verizon tightens upgrade policies

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon increases wait time on upgrades, introduces stricter policies | iMore.com

My contact ends in October, but technically my upgrade date isn't until next year as my brother was on my account and used my upgrade eligibility for an iPhone5, and then assumed liability on his line... my current iPhone5 was a full retail purchase... and will likely go full retail or 3rd party purchase going forward, and month to month with Verizon service... maybe my local T-Mobile affiliate/reseller will get the next iPhone and I can consider switching from Verizon... we'll see what is happening in October when my contract is up...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Verizon's coverage is excellent in my location and their new upgrade tactic is not an issue with me. However, if it ever becomes an issue, I won't hesitate to go to a competitor....:)....Anyway, thanks for posting the article, Keith.

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
Luckily, I have 2 upgrades coming before 9/1. But Verizon has a monopoly on 4G LTE in my area and I have unthrottled, truly unlimited data so I ain't goin' nowheres.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade is in Aug but like when I upgraded to my current 4S I waited until Dec. 2011 to get it. It is not an issue for me either as I would rather wait so make sure the next Gen iPhone that is out at time of my upgrade will be worth me pulling the trigger. Although I know I will.!!

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Verizon increases wait time on upgrades, introduces stricter policies | iMore.com

My contact ends in October, but technically my upgrade date isn't until next year as my brother was on my account and used my upgrade eligibility for an iPhone5, and then assumed liability on his line... my current iPhone5 was a full retail purchase... and will likely go full retail or 3rd party purchase going forward, and month to month with Verizon service... maybe my local T-Mobile affiliate/reseller will get the next iPhone and I can consider switching from Verizon... we'll see what is happening in October when my contract is up...

I suppose I did not look at your thread Keith...Sorry. If you wish me to pull mine I will be happy to or merge it?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2