iPad mini purchase via VZW or Apple

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to pickup an iPad mini verizon LTE. I am in the NYC vicinity and I can't find one anywhere, yet when I called VZW, they had them and could get the one I
wanted in an hour (white, 32 GB, VZW), seems VZW has some sort of exclusive right now because even the Apple flag ship store on 59 street does not have them.
Now, if I buy it from VZW, if I have an issue, I dont think they will be as good as Apple if I need an exchange ( I always get Applecare).
VZW just makes my skin crawl, and if I purchase thru Verizon, will I have to deal with a 2 year contract or hidden charges.

Thanks

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I am looking to pickup an iPad mini verizon LTE. I am in the NYC vicinity and I can't find one anywhere, yet when I called VZW, they had them and could get the one I
wanted in an hour (white, 32 GB, VZW), seems VZW has some sort of exclusive right now because even the Apple flag ship store on 59 street does not have them.
Now, if I buy it from VZW, if I have an issue, I dont think they will be as good as Apple if I need an exchange ( I always get Applecare).
VZW just makes my skin crawl, and if I purchase thru Verizon, will I have to deal with a 2 year contract or hidden charges.

Thanks

You will be fine a lot of people don't think to go to a carrier for it

Doesn't matter where you buy it apple supports it the same

When you get it insist you are doing pre paid and don't want post paid
As long as you don't let them talk you into it and they will try you will be ok

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is pre-paid the same as month to month. We want to use the VZW mini during the summer and this month and perhaps April when we spend a lot of time with our 8 year o ld grandson.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Is pre-paid the same as month to month. We want to use the VZW mini during the summer and this month and perhaps April when we spend a lot of time with our 8 year o ld grandson.

Yes prepaid is month to month here is my post explaining how it works

I had questions of how the prepaid worked after googling and call Verizon
I thought I would share so other can save some time

When you buy data via the iPad for prepaid its good for one month or 30 days whatever comes first
Use it or lose it

If all you did was purchase a data plan then after 30 days or when you run out it will auto renew and buy another bucket of data
if you ran out of data before this date then it will charge you the moment you run out and then the new data 30 day limit starts over

You can change your plan at any time but it will not kick in until you use the data you already bought first or it has been 30 days and the previous data expired

If you want to stop this auto Renew

After buying your data plan then go into settings and press cancel plan
Make sure to select cancel later and not press cancel now

By doing cancel later this will cause it to not auto renew so when you use all your data or its been 30 days .. You get cut off until you buy more

If you press cancel now and not later it will delete your account immediately cut off your service and fry your SIM card ..
Only way to get it working again is to get a new sim

If you do the cancel later .. You have 5 months to buy another data plan if you don't Verizon will auto delete your account and this will fry your SIM card

Brought to you from my iPad 4 LTE routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers from Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner