I need help w/ a number transfer from 1 AT&T account to another

Maury27

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Right now I have a iPhone 4s on AT&T on my moms account, I've the number for years and want to keep it. I want to take the number and put it on a new AT&T account this morning when I open a account w/ AT&T for my iPhone 5 at the store in my name that i reserved last night.

I didn't do a transfer of billing responsibility because that line is not eligible for a upgrade, but it has no ETF ( Some type of agreement they made).

Any suggestions on how to get the number over? I thought porting to google voice but then back but I've never done that and don't know if there is a waiting period.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
If I am not mistaken, your mom will have to do that since it is a number on her account. But I don't see a reason why it should be that difficult.

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
You will have to do a transfer of billing responsibility for that number. The line doesn't have to be eligible for an upgrade to move it. The remaining contract follows the number to the new account. Your mom either needs to be in store with you when you do it or have her call customer service to notate the account that she wants to release that number you. Hope that helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711