Switching upgrade to another line

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody I'm trying to see if I can get an iphone 5 and switch it to another line on my account. I have 3 lines and one upgrade available. I asked an att rep this mornign via a chat and he said that an upgrade can only be used on the line that is being upgraded. I'm currently using a 3GS and am aware there is a different sim card in the 5. My question is does anyone know how I could switch the upgrade or get a new sim or any other way of putting the phone on a different line. Thanks in advance.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Upgrade the line that is available and then go to an AT&T store and have them swap you out some SIM cards. Should give you no hassle to do it.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yup, exactly. Very simple; they will take care of everything in store. Just make sure they switch the correct numbers!

miah84

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
Yup, exactly. Very simple; they will take care of everything in store. Just make sure they switch the correct numbers!

It's was simple I got a 4S though (which is awesome) because my girls blackberry was taking a crap and couldn't wait 2-3 weeks before the 5 would even ship. I'll end up with a 5 eventually we have 2 more upgrades coming up next month. The guy at the AT&T store was very helpful and very easily took care of the upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrnserv

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Done this many times with iPhone, Android, others, very easy at AT&T Company stores, not the independent stores. Could almost do it over the phone with a support rep, but anymore with mini-SIMs, micro-SIMs and all the new updates with SIM cards they usually give you a new one rather than try and update account IMEI, etc. Last time I did it the store rep used an iPad to make changes online with AT&T to my account after switching SIM cards.

Upgrade the line that is available and then go to an AT&T store and have them swap you out some SIM cards. Should give you no hassle to do it.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro