Got my iphone5 day one. Returned it through apples mail in service due to scratches. Got the new one the following Tuesday and popped in the sim.

Last week logged into vzw online and saw my device was showing up as "non-vzw device" and a note saying sim not recognized an features may be unavailable. Everything still works fine though.

Then I noticed I was on a 2gb data plan. My unlimited was gone. I was livid. I paid full price to keep unlimited data.

Called vzw and the guy saw the issue and understood but said he had to appeal for the data to be unlimited again. Five days later I got a message (he called at 1130p on a Saturday so I didn't pick up) that it was declined. He said sometimes it takes 2-3 tries so he's trying again for me. Don't know what the outcome will be.

Vzw still shows my phone as a non-vzw device.

Not happy right now after paying full price to keep unlimited data.
    10-14-2012 12:53 AM
    Oh no no no don't give up till you get it back period that is not right at all ...

Beamed from my iPad 2 routed and bouncing across the globe on multiple servers and brought to you using Tapatalk !
    10-14-2012 12:55 AM
    Oh I won't. If round two doesn't fix it ill be speaking with vzw executive relations.

The weirdest part is when the plan change happened, there was no notification about it. And had already used up half the allotment of data.
    10-14-2012 12:57 AM
    this has now become a never ending battle...
    10-21-2012 02:48 PM
    Wow what the hell is wrong with these cell phone companies?!?! This is getting SO annoying with the unlimited data plan user, me and my fam are about to say screw it and switch to the mobile data share plan , we have AT&T. There's a big incentive for us to do it only because AT&T won't allow FaceTime over cellular unless we switch to the new plan, also our phones will be able to use mobile hot spot if we switch plans , and my dad and mom who are on the plan with me barely use 1GB of data per month and we are gonna get the 10GB plan so basically I would have 8GB of data per month which is more than enough for me. I already filed an informal complaint to the FCC because of AT&T not allowing us to use FaceTime over cellular which is one of the NEW FEATURES of the iPhone 5!! Maybe that's taking it too far but I don't think that's fair to not be able to use a new feature unless we switch, we have been paying customers for 10 yrs now with AT&T , we have Internet and a business phone plan with them I work for my dad that's why I'm on the business plan. I really hope u stick with this and fight VZW till the end and u get your unlimited back, especially since u paid full price for the phone!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    zschiffman likes this.
    10-21-2012 03:35 PM
    Something here isn't right. I'm sure it will all get figured out. I'd also recommend emailing in about this problem. Sometimes the reps on the email end take a little more time to understand the problem and get it to the right person.
    zschiffman likes this.
    10-22-2012 10:41 AM
    I've taken it two way. The first as I described on the thread above. The phone rep called me back saturday at MIDNIGHT. His voice mail (I missed the call) literally said "I know I said we would fix this, but I have now tried to appeal it twice in 2 weeks and now we are past the 14 day window since the plan changed, sorry. Thanks for being the best part of verizon wireless" BEST PART OF VZW? The customer who gets screwed?! Please. I wish I picked up. I would have said "hold on a second...you mean in the 14 days it took you to appeal for me, we went past the 14 day window allowed to appeal?! how does that make ANY sense?".

Thankfully in the meantime I had started an email chain wit VZW HQ Executive Relations. They are a lot more helpful. On Friday he told me it would be reinstated within 24-48 hours. Come Monday, nothing had changed. I reached out again, and he promised me within 24 hours and that he would monitor the situation. Still no change 18 hours later. I'll give him the extra day not to be a pain...but Wednesday will reach out again. Talking about the "non vzw device" that displays on my account he said "This is more of a system issue than a device issue on your end." So at least I have in writing that they acknowledge its an issue with their system and promised me it would be fixed....if I have to take it a step further with the BBB or somewhere.

I still don't get why my plan changed. Even if it was an unlocked, non vzw device (and not an iphone) that I paid for an activated, my plan was still unlimited. I didnt sign anything...where does it say they can change it on me like that?? Not to mention I didn't even get notice.
    10-23-2012 12:58 AM
    Nothing had changed yesterday so I took it a step further...started tweeting at verizon support about my frustration. Needless to say I was DMed about an hour later to chat, then she called me. We talked for about 15 min about the whole ordeal, and she felt bad and genuinely wanted to help. She was also the first rep who KNEW about this type of issue (with mainly the iphone 4). She told me she knew how to get my phone ESN added into the data base manually and should be done by the end of the week. We hung up.

This morning I saw my unlimited came back. I don't know if it was her doing (still waiting for account to say iphone 5 vs non-vzw device) or the gentleman's from executive relations...but I'm happy. The twitter team is truly a lot more able than just calling *611. I've always found the same with Comcast as well when I need something.
    10-24-2012 06:30 PM
    Nothing had changed yesterday so I took it a step further...started tweeting at verizon support about my frustration. Needless to say I was DMed about an hour later to chat, then she called me. We talked for about 15 min about the whole ordeal, and she felt bad and genuinely wanted to help. She was also the first rep who KNEW about this type of issue (with mainly the iphone 4). She told me she knew how to get my phone ESN added into the data base manually and should be done by the end of the week. We hung up.

This morning I saw my unlimited came back. I don't know if it was her doing (still waiting for account to say iphone 5 vs non-vzw device) or the gentleman's from executive relations...but I'm happy. The twitter team is truly a lot more able than just calling *611. I've always found the same with Comcast as well when I need something.
    I tried tweeting vzw they never responded even after tweeting multiple times .. But I have used this form to contact boa .. Guess they don't like people bad mouthing on social sites lol
    10-24-2012 08:32 PM
    I tried tweeting vzw they never responded even after tweeting multiple times .. But I have used this form to contact boa .. Guess they don't like people bad mouthing on social sites lol
    Make sure its during a time they are tweeting and tweet @vzwsupport
    10-24-2012 08:56 PM
    Make sure its during a time they are tweeting and tweet @vzwsupport
    I did and actually even had Verizonsupport respond since they didn't and said they would make sure they did and still nothing
    10-24-2012 08:59 PM
    haha well then....i dunno!
    10-24-2012 09:02 PM
    Glad you got your unlimited back.
    zschiffman likes this.
    10-24-2012 09:43 PM