$30.00 upgrade fee...Really??

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Same here. They wouldn't budge with crediting back the $30 upgrade fee for my son, and we've also been long time customers of Verizon's also. I think the fee is a crock too, just nickel & dime us for any way they possibly can.....

They said it pays for there tools and classes ... Like how to use phones and backup assistant ...
I told them hmm backup asst I don't use ( iPhone) duh and I don't need a class so why am I paying for someone else to learn lol they should pay when they attend ... She said she saw my point but couldn't do nothing

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I noticed when I ordered directly from Apple I didn't get charge the upgrade fee, does anyone know if Verizon ends up billing the upgrade fee or if by not ordering from Verizon you can avoid the fee?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ends up on your bill. You can try a3rd pay store or just get a vzw rep that will waive it for you. Keep trying. I've never been charged an activation or upgrade fee since the Cingular days.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They said it pays for there tools and classes ... Like how to use phones and backup assistant ...
I told them hmm backup asst I don't use ( iPhone) duh and I don't need a class so why am I paying for someone else to learn lol they should pay when they attend ... She said she saw my point but couldn't do nothing

Lol that's too funny. I got the response of well they need to keep up with the latest technology with expanding the network for 4G lte.

They will try to charge for any and everything they can an use what ever excuse sounds good I suppose

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep; I was able to get the $36 fee removed from my bill on the basis that my account is a student account.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with an AT&T rep; I was able to get the $36 fee removed from my bill on the basis that my account is a student account.

AT&T is very good about crediting the $36 upgrade fee. They credited my account last month and my brothers account this month. Rep just said no problem and the credit appeared on my account the very next day.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
AT&T is very good about crediting the $36 upgrade fee. They credited my account last month and my brothers account this month. Rep just said no problem and the credit appeared on my account the very next day.

This is the second time I've dealt with an AT&T rep, and I'm extremely impressed with their customer service. I checked my account right after I got off the phone and it had already been credited.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is the second time I've dealt with an AT&T rep, and I'm extremely impressed with their customer service. I checked my account right after I got off the phone and it had already been credited.

Exactly. I've been with them since 2002... and their customer service is most excellent, IMHO.

Exxod

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Exactly. I've been with them since 2002... and their customer service is most excellent, IMHO.

That's good to hear.
As of the end of Oct., I'll have been with AT&T a year; only having to call a rep twice over a two year period seems like a good sign, especially since both issues were resolved within the day. XD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

I've been with AT&T for 3 years now and I still love their customer service.

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
That's strange, a buddy of mine just picked one up in a local Verizon store today (he sent me a picture of his home screen as soon as he got it). I thought they might've all had some stock - guess that was wishful thinking?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Have heard that radio shack is a good place to go. Pretty sure my local one has them in stock. My wife had to wait 3 weeks for hers but got it Saturday someone she works with walked right into our local radio shack and got one 2 weeks before my wife with no wait lol. Just call around before you go. We ordered hers because we were helping out a friend who works for a Verizon store, and he kept her unlimited data too lol.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
I reckon they have to find a way to get even richer than they already are. First unlimited data gone and now the upgrade fees. Not surprsing at all

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2