Did AT&T waive anyone's $250 upgrade fee?

unniphilip

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten AT&T to waive the $250 upgrade fee? I really want to get the iPhone 5 but I don't want to pay more then I should. I never bothered calling them myself. I just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with that themselves. Thanks.

Gaidin43

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I got them to waive the $36 upgrade fee. However I am not sure about the out of contract non-subsidized upgrade fee. I doubt they will give you a subsidized upgrade with you not being ready for your upgrade. They are sticking to the two-year period for upgrades now. Instead of the normal 18 month then you can upgrade

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone gotten AT&T to waive the $250 upgrade fee? I really want to get the iPhone 5 but I don't want to pay more then I should. I never bothered calling them myself. I just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with that themselves. Thanks.

Define "more than I should". If AT&T is offering you an "early upgrade", it's because you have not yet fulfilled the commitment that you agreed to fulfill with the last phone you bought. Since you failed to honor your previous commitment, and now want a new phone, I'd say you're lucky to be getting a break beyond the full price upgrade. Be grateful that they're offering you anything at this point.

erwaso

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
How'd you get them to wave the $36?

Call them, ask about when your upgrade is (although you already know it's that day) , act surprised and mention Costco or Sam's club pricing and the fact that they don't charge upgrade/activation fees.

That's what I did and if they want to sell you a phone instead of any other store they'll do it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro