iPhone 5 and AT&T 3G Microcell

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone heard of any incompatibilities between the two?

i've tried several times to get the microcell to recognize the iPhone 5, but no look. A quick internet search found a similar experience on the AT&T forum thread.

jgreene1672

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
what i heard is that lte phones should work fine on the microcell, but you will only get up to hspa+ speeds i believe. from some of the stories i heard if you remove the number from you access list and re-add it, then reset the phone, it might fix your problem. I have a microcell at the country house but i havent had a chance to try the iphone 5 on it, ill let you know if i find out anything else.

Neutrino

Banned
Jun 7, 2009
Visit site
AT&T CSR admitted that this is a known issue between the microcell and the ip5. What gets my goat is that there is no estimated time of resolution.

Slog

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
same thing happening here, have reset the Iphone 5, Router, Microcell to no avail. The only other thing i noticed is that my Phone is still not listed as Iphone 5 on my ATT account, not sure if this matters.

Slog

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got off the phone with At&t tech support for 3G microcell, according to this guy the entire system crashed with all of the Iphone 5 registrations. They will be updating registrations throughout the night and should be able to connect shortly. He also said there is no incompatibility or problem with IPhone 5 or the microcell. No need to reboot or re register, also has nothing to do with the new sim cards.

Spat

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Not an iPhone 5 but my dh iPhone 4 had to have SIM card changed yesterday. His phone would not pick up microcell at home. AT&T said 'known' problem and they r working on it. Well, I did what pp said and deleted his # from microcell list on AT&T and then added it back and it fixed it. hth

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I had rebooted my microcell multiple times, spoke with support multiple times, hearing everything from the microcell systems having problems with the iPhone 5, to all microcells in florida having problems, etc. power cycle all equipment (modem, routers, microcell) again. they finally recommended me getting a new SIM card from a corporate AT&T store. I reluctantly did, thinking it wasn't going to work.

Then what do you know. Came home after having SIM card replaced, power cycled microcell and iPhone 5, and a few minutes later, finally got the Microcell tag.

ibanana

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 5 and AT&T 3G Microcell

Mine seems to be working fine, but I just use it at work. I will remove it and then re-add it to see if anything changes then report back.

---------- Post Merged at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Mine seems to be working fine, but I just use it at work. I will remove it and then re-add it to see if anything changes then report back.