Upgrade to iPhone 5 - Would this work?

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I would like to pick-up an iPhone 5. I am on the Share Everything Plan. We have three lines, but none are eligible for an upgrade just yet, however we are ready to add a line for our daughter.

Would this work... I purchase the iPhone 5 with a new line. Activate the iPhone 5 on the new line, then transfer it to my existing line. I then use an older dumb phone that we have on the new line for our daughter. I believe the charge would be $30 a month, correct?

Any reason this would not work? Ultimately I would like to end up with the new iPhone 5 on my line and the dumb phone on the new line.

Thanks!

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I would like to pick-up an iPhone 5. I am on the Share Everything Plan. We have three lines, but none are eligible for an upgrade just yet, however we are ready to add a line for our daughter.

Would this work... I purchase the iPhone 5 with a new line. Activate the iPhone 5 on the new line, then transfer it to my existing line. I then use an older dumb phone that we have on the new line for our daughter. I believe the charge would be $30 a month, correct?

Any reason this would not work? Ultimately I would like to end up with the new iPhone 5 on my line and the dumb phone on the new line.

Thanks!

Yup that should work just fine.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

You got it !

EW800#AC

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

If we decide that it is a bit early to have our daughter have a phone just yet, I assume we would still have to pay the $30 for the new line or is there any way to have that line be any cheaper?

Thanks again!

stockandroidguy

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
On the new share everything plan 30 is the cheapest that I know of. I also think theres a way to suspend a line to make it cheaper but I don't know if that option still exists for the new plans.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73