VZW iPhone 5 - will you be able to pop in international LTE sim? Or be locked down?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Topic says it all... Will Verizon allow international LTE SIM cards in the iPhone 5? Or will it be locked down forcing users on Verizon's ridiculously expensive int'l roaming plans??

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It will come SIM locked and you will have to jump through whatever hoops VZW requires for an unlock - which will only work for non US SIMs.

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon five is factory unlocked. You can use any sim in it. But use of AT&T or t mobile sim you will not get lte, only three g and hspa+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon five is factory unlocked. You can use any sim in it. But use of AT&T or t mobile sim you will not get lte, only three g and hspa+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What ^^^ said ... There is a video proving it in a thread I started

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Been seeing this all over the place. I'm surprised - especially knowing how VZW likes to keep control of their stuff!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Been seeing this all over the place. I'm surprised - especially knowing how VZW likes to keep control of their stuff!

I was also I unlocked my 4s before I sold it ... I'm glad I did cuz they said I had to wait 10 months to do it again but now I don't have too

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
the reports are pretty unanimous as well as VZW acknowledging the fact. Although, due to FCC making them, due to 700mhZ agreement. Certainly now VZW's good will. ;) lol

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
One thing to keep in mind is that you will need a nano sim from the other carrier.

I did an experiment when I was waiting to get a new sim for my Five after the phone was activated on the wrong line....

I took a 4G sim from Verizon, previously used in my Rezound. I trimmed it down to fit the nano sim tray. Fit perfect and the phone immediately found the Verizon signal, but I was unable to get it re activated due to there being a slight difference between the regular 4G sim and iPhone nano sim, at least with Verizon.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox