Good news on nano sim! (Verizon)

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I called Verizon today and they told me that with the nano sim and especially with the iPhone, you can change phone numbers on the iPhone sim, unlike the current sims.

I preordered the 5 on my boys line but will activate then put him back on his phone and move the 5 to my line. Normally a new sim would be required, but they say not so with the iPhone.

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!

So you're saying you just activate it and then switch him to his phone through myverizon and then activate it using your number?

And I have a question; I did the same thing (I used my sisters upgrade) but she lives about 25 mins from me and won't be with me when I get my iPhone, nor will her current phone be in my possession; so does this affect her? Will her phone be turned off for a little while? And do I need to have her phone on me when I do this?

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Those bastages lied to me!!!! Tried to do what a SUPERVISOR at vzw told me could be done and now they say NO. So I am stuck with an iPhone 5 that I can't use until those dips at Verizon get sims in stock!!!!

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
iPhone five activated on one number, changed to another number without new sim?

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Those bastages lied to me!!!! Tried to do what a SUPERVISOR at vzw told me could be done and now they say NO. So I am stuck with an iPhone 5 that I can't use until those dips at Verizon get sims in stock!!!!

Try again tonight after midnight. I was told the same song and dance, then got a call back saying "try again after midnight. The old sim numbers get erased at midnight."

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Since when do sim numbers get erased? In any case, doesn't matter. Verizon has my account messed up online at my Verizon website. If I try to switch devices, it shows that I still need to activate my Rezound that I bought in march!!!!! I was on the phone with them for over an hour and they cannot figure out why it is doing it. So in order to switch MY phone over online, I have to actually call them. What a pain!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Since when do sim numbers get erased? In any case, doesn't matter. Verizon has my account messed up online at my Verizon website. If I try to switch devices, it shows that I still need to activate my Rezound that I bought in march!!!!! I was on the phone with them for over an hour and they cannot figure out why it is doing it. So in order to switch MY phone over online, I have to actually call them. What a pain!

Sim numbers don't the line it's associated with does

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Can you please explain. What exactly would I ask when I call??

That u need to activate your phone read them ESN and Sim number .. Once it hits 12 the sim is not associated with the first line no more unless its still activated on that line .. The rep should have cleared the association from sim to that line but it takes 24 Hours or aka after 12 .. This is all what I was told by the rep who helped me so take it for what it's worth but he activated mine first try and it was from another line and kept my data

Hope it works

zrxoa1

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I ended up just going to apple store and getting new sim since I had to go anyway for starting apple care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I ended up just going to apple store and getting new sim since I had to go anyway for starting apple care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I went to apple and they gave me a new SIM card after two diff Verizon stores didn't have anymore; otherwise I would have had to wait till Monday to get a new SIM card in the mail -___-

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
That's right unless you actually deavtivate the other one first a new SIM should not be required. This is not just for Nano SIM's and should apply to all 3 sizes.

the one and only M

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
I just accomplished this. I was having problems with my cut down micro sim and just activated the included nano sim to my number after deactivateing it on the line it was intended for. Verizon tech support also mentioned the 24 hour wait time, which I had thought was an outright lie at the time. Everything worked out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73