I changed my wife's number already online. Worked fine.
    Was this through Verizon? I have been trying to switch my iPhone 5 over to my number since this morning and can't get it to work through my Verizon
    09-21-2012 04:11 PM
    I wish I would have seen this thread before I did my upgrade. I don't think 2GB per month is gonna be enough for me with LTE.
    09-21-2012 05:29 PM
    I changed my wife's number already online. Worked fine.

More info please!
    09-21-2012 05:34 PM
    Those bastages lied to me!!!! Tried to do what a SUPERVISOR at vzw told me could be done and now they say NO. So I am stuck with an iPhone 5 that I can't use until those dips at Verizon get sims in stock!!!!

Sent from my tricked out Iphone!
    Try again tonight after midnight. I was told the same song and dance, then got a call back saying "try again after midnight. The old sim numbers get erased at midnight."
    09-21-2012 05:35 PM
    Try again tonight after midnight. I was told the same song and dance, then got a call back saying "try again after midnight. The old sim numbers get erased at midnight."
    The manager at my local store told me the same thing... Try after midnight.
    09-21-2012 08:57 PM
    Since when do sim numbers get erased? In any case, doesn't matter. Verizon has my account messed up online at my Verizon website. If I try to switch devices, it shows that I still need to activate my Rezound that I bought in march!!!!! I was on the phone with them for over an hour and they cannot figure out why it is doing it. So in order to switch MY phone over online, I have to actually call them. What a pain!

09-21-2012 10:51 PM
    Since when do sim numbers get erased? In any case, doesn't matter. Verizon has my account messed up online at my Verizon website. If I try to switch devices, it shows that I still need to activate my Rezound that I bought in march!!!!! I was on the phone with them for over an hour and they cannot figure out why it is doing it. So in order to switch MY phone over online, I have to actually call them. What a pain!

Sim numbers don't the line it's associated with does
    09-22-2012 12:02 AM
    Can you please explain. What exactly would I ask when I call??

09-22-2012 12:08 AM
    Can you please explain. What exactly would I ask when I call??

That u need to activate your phone read them ESN and Sim number .. Once it hits 12 the sim is not associated with the first line no more unless its still activated on that line .. The rep should have cleared the association from sim to that line but it takes 24 Hours or aka after 12 .. This is all what I was told by the rep who helped me so take it for what it's worth but he activated mine first try and it was from another line and kept my data

Hope it works
    09-22-2012 12:44 AM
    I ended up just going to apple store and getting new sim since I had to go anyway for starting apple care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-22-2012 05:06 PM
    I ended up just going to apple store and getting new sim since I had to go anyway for starting apple care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here, I went to apple and they gave me a new SIM card after two diff Verizon stores didn't have anymore; otherwise I would have had to wait till Monday to get a new SIM card in the mail -___-
    09-22-2012 07:46 PM
    That's right unless you actually deavtivate the other one first a new SIM should not be required. This is not just for Nano SIM's and should apply to all 3 sizes.
    09-24-2012 09:29 PM
    I just accomplished this. I was having problems with my cut down micro sim and just activated the included nano sim to my number after deactivateing it on the line it was intended for. Verizon tech support also mentioned the 24 hour wait time, which I had thought was an outright lie at the time. Everything worked out.
    09-24-2012 11:01 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD