Basic to Smartphone

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I just had a quick question. We have four lines on our Verizon account, one of them being a basic phone. My mother would like to get a smartphone now but her contract isn't up until May 2013. Now when my dad upgraded from a basic to smart phone he did so with 11 months remaining on his contract, and got the subsidized price, no questions asked. Does Verizon still do this? Full retail is out of the question until the beginning of next year and she really needs to upgrade for her job. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
All I could suggest is to call or stop in a store and ask. For some reason, the carriers got all wonky this time around and decided to play "hard ball" with early upgrades. My AT&T line (primary on 5-line family plan with a monthly bill over $250) has always gotten an annual upgrade. Not this year.

Must be a money grab based on the expected windfall of the iPhone 5. Or something strange in the water.

If you ask, the worst thing that could happen is that they say "no". If you don't ask, you definitely won't get it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73