So I'm considering switching to att when my contract is up but was wondering if they are gong to do like Verizon and get rid of all their other plans once they introduce their Share plans? Anyone have any insight?
    08-15-2012 02:57 PM
    Everybody gets to keep their current plan on AT&T and still get upgrade pricing unlike Vzn. It don't think it has been said if AT&T will still offer old plans to new customers. My guess is no.
    08-15-2012 03:12 PM
    Everybody gets to keep their current plan on AT&T and still get upgrade pricing unlike Vzn. It don't think it has been said if AT&T will still offer old plans to new customers. My guess is no.
    That's what I figured. Looks like I'll be checking out straight talk then. At least then can get a gsm phone and not deal with cdma bs
    08-15-2012 03:42 PM
    According to AT&T's Mobile Share website (AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T), it looks like they will keep offering the old plans to single line accounts considering that they still separate it into "individual data plans" and "mobile share plans".
    Premium1 likes this.
    08-15-2012 03:42 PM
    According to AT&T's Mobile Share website (AT&T Individual Data Plans & Mobile Share Data Plans from AT&T), it looks like they will keep offering the old plans to single line accounts considering that they still separate it into "individual data plans" and "mobile share plans".
    Good to know. Gracias.
    08-15-2012 04:34 PM
    That's what I figured. Looks like I'll be checking out straight talk then. At least then can get a gsm phone and not deal with cdma bs
    Good luck on Straight Talk
    08-15-2012 05:46 PM
    I have a few options. If att keeps their current individual plans I'll switch to them as I don't need a share plan.
    08-15-2012 07:38 PM
    From what I've heard from others, ST is actually pretty good, and their plan could end up saving people who are on an individual plan with their current wireless carrier some money long term. An unlocked GSM iPhone works well with ST too.... Just my 2
    08-15-2012 10:41 PM
    I have a few options. If att keeps their current individual plans I'll switch to them as I don't need a share plan.
    From what I've been told by the AT&T reps who come to our hospital to set employees up on plans, the individual plans aren't going away any time soon. Even when the share plans come out, which is great. The more options that a customer has the more they will be satisfied, so it's a win for the carrier as well as the customer in my book.
    08-15-2012 10:44 PM
    From what I've been told by the AT&T reps who come to our hospital to set employees up on plans, the individual plans aren't going away any time soon. Even when the share plans come out, which is great. The more options that a customer has the more they will be satisfied, so it's a win for the carrier as well as the customer in my book.
    Agree. In that case when my contract is up in June I will look to be switching, because if I am going to lose unlimited data I'd rather be on a gsm carrier anyway. Plus verizons plans i would pay much more than I currently do.
    08-16-2012 12:12 AM
    How about LTE data plans for the new iPhone?? if we get to keep the unlimited plan, is the data limit staying at 3gb before they slow you down ??
    I still have the old 200 messages ( 5 dollars a month ) plan and I hope at&t dont take it away..
    08-17-2012 10:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD