Can I sell a phone I just got w/upgrade?

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded my third line to a Galaxy S3. I have already put the old phone back on that line. If I intend to keep that line open, will AT&T care if I just sell the phone? I don't want to have problems with AT&T and I don't want a potential buyer to have problems activating the phone.

I did ask a customer service rep over the phone and she would not come right out and say yes or no, she said "you really have to be careful selling that phone because its associated with your account". I'm not sure why they would care. If I dropped the phone and it broke into a million pieces and went back to the old phone, there would be no problem.

Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded my third line to a Galaxy S3. I have already put the old phone back on that line. If I intend to keep that line open, will AT&T care if I just sell the phone? I don't want to have problems with AT&T and I don't want a potential buyer to have problems activating the phone.

I did ask a customer service rep over the phone and she would not come right out and say yes or no, she said "you really have to be careful selling that phone because its associated with your account". I'm not sure why they would care. If I dropped the phone and it broke into a million pieces and went back to the old phone, there would be no problem.

Thanks!

The phone is yours to do with as you wish... but you are still bound by the terms of the sale/contract.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Yep, you contracted to stay with your carrier for another two years and pay for the line(s). That's what the carrier wants. You do whatever with the phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen