My contract ends on July 12, 2012. Seeing as the new iPhone probably won't be released until October, is it worth renewing my contract, or do you think AT&T will offer discounted upgrades?
    06-14-2012 10:17 PM
    When your contract ends, you should be like a new customer to them whenever you decide to upgrade to the next iPhone, should you choose to do so. The reason being is that you can simply choose to go elsewhere without a penalty and get the next iPhone at a subsidized price should you choose to do so and, therefore, I cannot see AT&T not offering you your next device at a discounted/subsidized rate especially if it means getting you under contract for another two years. At least that is how I see it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-14-2012 10:26 PM
    When your contract ends, you should be like a new customer to them whenever you decide to upgrade to the next iPhone, should you choose to do so. The reason being is that you can simply choose to go elsewhere without a penalty and get the next iPhone at a subsidized price should you choose to do so and, therefore, I cannot see AT&T not offering you your next device at a discounted/subsidized rate especially if it means getting you under contract for another two years. At least that is how I see it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    Unless they've changed their policy, which I doubt, 'D is absolutely correct.
    06-14-2012 11:04 PM
    I would get your iPhone factory unlocked then upgrade in oct if you ever go overseas you will have a phone or if you sell it will be worth more

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    06-14-2012 11:26 PM
    My contract ends on July 12, 2012. Seeing as the new iPhone probably won't be released until October, is it worth renewing my contract, or do you think AT&T will offer discounted upgrades?
    If your contract ends on July 12th you are most likely eligible for a full discount now on any phone with a new 2 year agreement. You can check your upgrade status by logging in here to your OLAM: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute. Or by dialing *639# from your mobile phone.
    06-15-2012 12:51 AM
    If your contract ends on July 12th you are most likely eligible for a full discount now on any phone with a new 2 year agreement. You can check your upgrade status by logging in here to your OLAM: https://www.att.com/olam/loginAction.olamexecute. Or by dialing *639# from your mobile phone.
    Rose is correct. AT&T typically allows fully discounted upgrades at the 21 month mark of your 2 year contract... but you only get one upgrade... do it now if you want, or wait for the iPhone 5...
    06-15-2012 02:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD