Hey guys,
    I have never had to deal with a warranty exchange issue with an iPhone on ATT before...I was told at my local store that they could just replace my phone, but I would have to go to an Apple store. The closest Apple store is a bit of a hike for me; does anyone know if I can call ATT and have them just send me a new phone for the replacement instead of having to take the trip to Apple? I know they do (or did) this with other phones. Thanks in advance.
    05-29-2012 09:50 AM
    I don't know the answer to this, BUT a simple call to ATT should resolve it. I LOVE your avatar!
    05-29-2012 10:45 AM
    Haha, thanks pkcable!
    I called over the weekend, but unfortunately every department I needed to speak to was closed! I am going to call later on today, but figured I would give the forums a shot to see if anyone had any experience with this before I possibly hop on the phone for who knows how long!
    05-29-2012 11:05 AM
    AT&T cannot replace the iPhone under warranty.
    05-30-2012 12:47 PM
    Got it. All taken care of. totalimmortal...that's what the AT&T rep at my local store told me, not what I was expecting to happen. Had to go to an apple store, and they had to replace the vibrator. Works like new now!
    05-31-2012 08:09 AM
    Because of the distance to my nearest Apple store (3-hours to St. Louis) the manager at my friendly neighborhood AT&T corporate store replaced my week-old 4a for me.

I was totally impressed.
    07-07-2012 11:39 PM
    You were within the 30 day window and exceptions can be made in EXTREME circumstances. To those reading, this is not standard policy and should not be expected every time.
    07-13-2012 11:59 AM
    Got it. All taken care of. totalimmortal...that's what the AT&T rep at my local store told me, not what I was expecting to happen. Had to go to an apple store, and they had to replace the vibrator. Works like new now!
    They didn't just swap the phone ? That is rare

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    07-13-2012 12:06 PM
    They didn't just swap the phone ? That is rare

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Maybe it is a simple fix. I was at the genius bar a few weeks ago and somebody was complaining of battery issues. They took the phone to the back and opened it up and replaced the battery. Seems like they are trying to save phones when possible.
    07-13-2012 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD