Now that AT&T is officially unlocking off-contract iPhones, anyone running one on T-Mobile? Anyone considering it?

The plans look much cheaper than AT&T, though in most places you'll likely be stuck on 2G/EDGE service unless and until T-Mo moves more 3G/4G/HSPA/HSPA+ service off of the AWS bands an onto the iPhone compatible bands.

If you are, how's it working for you?
    04-09-2012 07:43 PM
    i feel for anyone that does. where i live T-Mo service sucks, always has. never understood why someone would take a great device and use it on a crap network

i'd rather use nothing than deal with the frustrations of that
    04-09-2012 07:51 PM
    Has anyone already on T-mobile been able to convince AT&T to just unlock an iPhone for them even though youve never been one of their subscribers?
    04-09-2012 08:07 PM
    I plan on using one of the $30 monthly t-mobile prepaid plans from Walmart. 5GB for infrequent/occasional use where I'll need more than 200mb from the basic plan.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?idhddm
    04-09-2012 08:17 PM
    Edge on iPhone is horrible. Lose some functions like iMessage unless on wifi. I'll pay for the service I want.
    04-09-2012 09:21 PM

I've had my T-Mobile SIM in my iPhone 4 since having it unlocked by AT&T on Sunday night. Make no mistake, EDGE speeds suck compare to the HSPA+ speed that I'm getting with AT&T and my 4S. However, using WiFi most of the time really makes up for it and the call quality with T-Mobile has been excellent so far.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    04-10-2012 07:07 PM
    I plan to unlock but not interested in downgrading my service to T-Mo. It's more about the principle of it.

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk
    04-10-2012 09:28 PM
    When the 4S first was released, I purchased the AT&T model at retail price and used it on T-Mobile. Heck, T-Mobile's edge is faster than Sprint's 3G. Just FYI.....
    04-10-2012 11:41 PM
    Click to view quoted image

I've had my T-Mobile SIM in my iPhone 4 since having it unlocked by AT&T on Sunday night. Make no mistake, EDGE speeds suck compare to the HSPA+ speed that I'm getting with AT&T and my 4S. However, using WiFi most of the time really makes up for it and the call quality with T-Mobile has been excellent so far.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    When you're ready to sell that unlocked iPhone 4 let me know!
    04-10-2012 11:42 PM
    When the 4S first was released, I purchased the AT&T model at retail price and used it on T-Mobile. Heck, T-Mobile's edge is faster than Sprint's 3G. Just FYI.....
    Lol but probably true
    04-10-2012 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD