PRL Update 3/15/12

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon custos - Dial *228 - select option 2...

to Check PRL version: go to Settings>> General>> About>> tap the line above Model on the About screen until it says PRL... current national PRL should be 52707 for most users...

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine twice this morning and it is showing PRL 52686.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I've seem comments in another forum mentioning that they went to the 52686.

As long as your PRL version number goes up from what it was before - I wouldn't be worried.

And for those that will undoubtedly ask what a PRL is... it's kind of like what a "hosts" file is on a computer, but for your cell phone... it gives the phone a listing of systems it is allowed to connect to, in a specific order when your service provider's native owned/operated network is unavailable.

Reactions: Just_Me_D

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've seem comments in another forum mentioning that they went to the 52686.

As long as your PRL version number goes up from what it was before - I wouldn't be worried.

And for those that will undoubtedly ask what a PRL is... it's kind of like what a "hosts" file is on a computer, but for your cell phone... it gives the phone a listing of systems it is allowed to connect to, in a specific order when your service provider's native owned/operated network is unavailable.

Oh, I'm not worried about the PRL number. As long as my device connects to a network and works as it should, I'm content. In regard to the PRL (Preferred Roaming List), those of us who came from the Android platform and had rooted devices are very familiar with the term PRL and what is does...;)...Anyway, thank you for bringing the update to our attention. I'll continue to try and see if I can update to the version you mentioned. Take care and have a great day.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Also, I found this little tidbit:

http://www.roamingzone.com/prl/#Verizon

Verizon Wireless
Note: Verizon issues several PRL's with each revision, and the one you receive depends on your plan, phone model and location. The order of roaming partners among all PRL's issued on the same date is virtually identical. PRL's in the '65000' range are generally sent to former Alltel customers who have kept their old Alltel plan.

March 15, 2012: 52686 - 52707 and others

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
just did this and mine is still sitting at 30277 weird ... must be because i came from alltel originally

That does indeed look like a PRL from my Alltel days... yes, they're still using those in some places too in addition to the 65*** series PRLs.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Do Verizon ipads have the same PRL? Anyone with one care to share? Mine is 15106 but just wondering if its the most current.

Go to settings, general, about, and tap on "carrier" to see it.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
just did this and mine is still sitting at 30277 weird ... must be because i came from alltel originally

I just called tech support and if users are seeing it start with a 2 or a 3 it is because they are still on a Alltel price plan... whoops i guess i never changed and never will lol

JoshB410

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Verizon custos - Dial *228 - select option 2...

to Check PRL version: go to Settings>> General>> About>> tap the line above Model on the About screen until it says PRL... current national PRL should be 52707 for most users...

THANKS for the post. Used to do this weekly on my old phones to keep everything updated.

Didn't know how to find the PRL on the iPhone and didn't know if it was still necessary....this answers both of my questions. I was on 52707 out of the box but will dial *228 every so often.

Have you noticed any general time table as to how often this should be updated?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2