joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok to break it down fast. My company shut off our air-cards today. I constantly need internet access in the field as i am rarely at the office. And as a communications company it looks bad on me and my co worker to as to tap into a customer's wifi to receive email and the occasional browsing of the net.

I have a iPhone 4 with iOS 5.1.... is there a tether option as i have the blackberry unlimited plan still?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can add tethering to your plan - but it's not free - and does not share your unlimited data... $20/month for 2GB data. Or jailbreak once iOS 5.1 is broken, and use one of the jailbreak tools to tether.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Just did that, i was adding once i saw your reply. I just did not want to lose the unlimited data. And i will doing a JB once it is available. If i would have known they were going to do this to us i would not have upgraded and done a JB last week.....

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Were the air cards used for company business? My company did something similar to use and decided not to replace our laptops once they broke. They also did not get any reports from the field. They wanted us to use our phones to send the reports........pay for my phone then. Less then 3 days later the laptops were replaced.

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Were the air cards used for company business? My company did something similar to use and decided not to replace our laptops once they broke. They also did not get any reports from the field. They wanted us to use our phones to send the reports........pay for my phone then. Less then 3 days later the laptops were replaced.

Yes they were company provided air cards. We need to receive emails in the field. Unfortunately they think we can tie into local hot spots like mcdonalds and starbucks, but that would also cost them money because we have company vehicles. I guess it could be worse as they threatened to not let us drive them home

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Will they notice the drop in productivity because everyone is now spending 3 hours a day at Starbucks or McDonalds?