FlopTech

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

FlopTech

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Have been struggling with DSL outage, which resulted in:

1) trying to get past AT&T's automated tech support brush-off system,
2) ignorant live customer support employees blaming other divisions of the company,
3) four different support telephone numbers, all different, that all lead back to #1,
4) being forced to stay at home all day, until 7pm, for the repair technician, and
5) getting stuck in att.com's support web site trying to cancel the repair request
(because the problem mysteriously disappeared for no reason.)

On top of all that, which has been going on for 3 days and counting:

- A previous AT&T repair request (on a different phone line) was completely ignored.
The technician showed up the next day, unannounced, on a weekend morning.
No explanation other than "Don't know what happened there, sorry."

So no, I don't "get it" either. There is "no point."

AT&T are a bunch of clueless MFers.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Have been struggling with DSL outage, which resulted in:

1) trying to get past AT&T's automated tech support brush-off system,
2) ignorant live customer support employees blaming other divisions of the company,
3) four different support telephone numbers, all different, that all lead back to #1,
4) being forced to stay at home all day, until 7pm, for the repair technician, and
5) getting stuck in att.com's support web site trying to cancel the repair request
(because the problem mysteriously disappeared for no reason.)

On top of all that, which has been going on for 3 days and counting:

- A previous AT&T repair request (on a different phone line) was completely ignored.
The technician showed up the next day, unannounced, on a weekend morning.
No explanation other than "Don't know what happened there, sorry."

So no, I don't "get it" either. There is "no point."

AT&T are a bunch of clueless MFers.

That's why they work for Att customer service and not a nice college educated corporate job.

insman1

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Even more stupidity

Out of warranty HTC phone went FUBAR on Monday. Decided to get a new iPhone.

1. Called on Tuesday to order. Rep said she made the order but I got no email confirmation
2. On Wednesday I called to see if the order was in the system. Was told that 24 hours had not lapsed and to try back after the 24 hours has elapsed.
3. On Thursday I was told that the web system was down and that the phone "probably" had already been shipped, and they would call me back with an update on Friday at 11 am with an update.
4. On Friday. The time had passed and I finally got in touch with Angela, who did real research and discovered the first person I talked two hadn't finished the order. She cancelled the first order and submitted the new order. Within two hours, I got an email confirmation and a tracking number.

In the meantime, I've been without a phone since Monday. AT&T did credit my account for $50' but I've lost business because of this situation. Thanks to Angela, but the incompetence of others, I've been in a mess. I will say this is the first screw up I've experienced in 5 years with AT&T, but it was an expensive one.

Gixxer07

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Because then there would be nothing to complain about on here. :D

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Couldn't agree more. People love to complain. You don't ever see posts about how good atts customer service is. Or you rarely do. I have never had a problem with AT&T. They have been better to me than Verizon ever was.

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. People love to complain. You don't ever see posts about how good atts customer service is. Or you rarely do. I have never had a problem with AT&T. They have been better to me than Verizon ever was.

I agree, I used to have Cingular before they were sold to AT&T and I would always go into the store whenever I had issues, so I "had a guy" pretty much and NEVER had a bad customer service experience... When they got sold to AT&T I lost my guy, still never had any issues. Since I switched to Verizon, it seems like I have billing issues every other
Month and it NEVER goes easy in the phone....

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Buy from a store. Support your local economy by putting money directly into a reps pocket. Buying online puts money directly into an exec's pocket.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods