Swapping between phones

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
So I have the 4S with Sprint. I also have a BlackBerry Bold 9930. I am wondering if there is a way to swap between the two, particularly from the BB to the 4S, without having to reset the iPhone to get it reactivated.

When I went back to the 4S from the BB, the data would not work but I could make calls and send texts. Had to reset the device, which means I lost my lovely jailbreak and settings. But whatever. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Yup, did that. There wasn't anything wrong with the swap per se. In fact going from the 4S to the BlackBerry led to no problems. It was only going back to the iPhone where things got a little screwy. It was as if the data package itself could not be activated. I wonder if it had something to do with going from BIS to "regular" data. I know when I was on AT&T and would sim swap, I had to change the APN on my iPhone so that I wouldn't have to continually change my data plan between BIS and the "regular" data pack. I would stick with the BIS data service, but would be able to have data on the iPhone as well. Without the tweak, I wasn't able to have data on the iPhone. I don't know if this is similar to what I have experienced with Sprint.

Aside: Do CDMA providers even have APNs?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal