I am thinking of switching to the tethering plan on my 4S so I can get wifi for my iPad and MacBook anywhere I go. I am concerned about how much of a drain it will put on the iPhone battery when in use. Does anybody have any experience using the tethering plan? Please tell if you do.
    02-09-2012 02:27 PM
    I'm on the 5GB Data Pro plan. What are you looking on using your tethering for? Movies or mainly internet browsing? I just connect my phone to my MacBook when tethering so I don't drain my battery. I'm only 5 days into the plan and at 650mb of 5 so far and have done bout 3 hours of tetheriing. And I'm always on my iPhone, facebook, youtube, iMessage, and browsing.
    02-10-2012 12:31 PM
    I'm on the 5GB Data Pro plan. What are you looking on using your tethering for? Movies or mainly internet browsing? I just connect my phone to my MacBook when tethering so I don't drain my battery. I'm only 5 days into the plan and at 650mb of 5 so far and have done bout 3 hours of tetheriing. And I'm always on my iPhone, facebook, youtube, iMessage, and browsing.
    I actually switched from the unlimted to the 5GB tethering plan. I got warned at 2GB about getting throttled. Screw that. I'm mostly looking to tether to my iPad wifi and then sometimes to MacBook Pro. I only tried it out for 20 mins today so far on my lunch break at work. Tethering worked great. Thanks for your input.
    02-10-2012 05:58 PM
    Yeah with the 4S you can get great data speeds bout 4-6mbps down so everything is fast even browsing and YouTube. Glad you liked it and switched.
    Garz likes this.
    02-10-2012 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD