7 days in with new 4s, couple ?'s

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I had an HTC Incredible for the last year and when my NE2 was up here I decided to try Apple out and grabbed a 4s. I have had it 7 days now and am starting to get comfortable with it. Although there is no question I am missing some Android Features I have found a few workarounds for my issues. Anyways I am now wondering if I decided to return the phone within Verizons 14 day period do they refund me the money or do I have to pick another phone then and there? Reason being I think I might just wait until the 5 gets here, thanks.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
They will refund you but charge you a re stocking fee ... You can get whatever features your missing by tweaks with jailbreaking btw

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Apple will not charge a restocking fee, but if you got it from Verizon then yeah....

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
If you purchased it from Verizon that is where you will need to return it to in order to get a refund, and yes, Verizon does charge a restocking fee as others have mentioned. As was also mentioned above, I would give Jailbreaking a try and see if that gives you some of the features you miss from Android.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
@Peligro, I posted this over in another thread but this is my more up to date feelings on the phone. I dont know lol one day I like it the next I hate it.

"I wanted to be happy getting one and keep trying to be because of the small things I enjoy about it. But there are a lot of frustrating things about how limited it is, and annoyingly constrained ways of doing things are. All of that is starting to eat away at me and I am starting to get over the honeymoon effect. I have had it for 8 or 9 days now and am debating returning it within my 14 day grace period.
Here are my observations in no particular order:

My Pros:
1. Insanely fast email
2. Highly Accurate and very smooth Keyboard
3. streamlined auto correct works well
4. VERY smooth touchscreen
5. Premium solid feel makes me happy every time I hold it
6. White to Black for night reading is very nice on the eyes
7. Polished aesthetic UI with its cool little effects here and there.
My Cons:
1. Headphones sound muffled and like the highs are not clear enough
2. Emailing is a PITA with no way of adding attachments once in an email why the heck can I only select 5 pics to email but can select way more to mms wtf? Also pics are then forced into the body of my email which is not what I want.
3. Volume doesn't change on the fly it takes a few sec to catch up
4. No Navigation integrated to the best search engine/maps ever Google
5. No Google Reviews for places when searched in the Google Maps App(I love reviews)
6. No In app menus with lots of options like Android has is a big bummer for me
7. No Individual Sound volume adjustment in a menu somewhere
8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason
10. Inability to tell which number someone text me from if they have multiple numbers in my contacts list
11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)
12. No Text Re-wrap on zoom is a huge negative
13. NO SD CARD is a design flaw imo
14. NO BACK BUTTON is highly annoying. I have managed to work my way into a corner a few times and without the ability to put my "car in reverse" so to speak I cant just back up but instead need to go all the way back to the home screen and all the way back to where I was
15. PRICE There is a reason that Apple is making the most profit of anybody and its because they charge ridiculous amounts for everything and never give their trusty customer a break. wow I'm starting to sound more ticked off the more I type lol. I would love to like the phone but its too hard to".

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Ruger141;18461438. said:
Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)

I don't know how you've got your settings, but I've got my vibrate off on everything. It's in the settings menu.

Settings --> Sounds --> Vibrate set to off

11. Unable to tell if phone is charging properly without getting up and pushing a button due to no notification led(helpful at night when going to bed)

I turned my LED off on my BBs because I hated it. I don't see any huge deal about pushing the home screen to check the charge on my phone, but apparently it is a big deal for some.

thejasonhowell

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

My Cons:

8. Cant turn Vibrate off for certain things like Alarm Clock, its all or nothing(stupid)
9. Apps take much longer to download than with my previous android for some reason

8. I recently downloaded the iHome+Sleep app which has a vibrate toggle for alarms.
9. App downloads over WiFi are blazing fast.

Reactions: ruger141

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73