Will Verizon replace my 4S?

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Over the past few weeks I have been running into a slew of little problems (I won't get into those right now) with my 4S. At this point I'm just tired of having to reset my phone every other day for it to work properly. If I take it in to a Verizon store will they be able to replace it for me? I don't live near an apple store so that's not an option. Or am I better off just smashing it and using up one of my applecare+ replacements?

Thanks

neur0tk

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I always wondered the same thing. I heard they have to send it away cause they won't fix/replace it I could be wrong so do not take my word :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Unless you describe your "slew of little problems" no one is going to be of much help. Though right off the bat, I'd say if it's little problems, they'll do everything but replace it. They'll suggest a reboot, then a software reinstall, etc etc. When mine stopped staying on unless it was plugged in to a power source, they still put it through a huge gauntlet of tests before they finally replaced it for me.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i've never restored...don't really want to try and end up messing something up. NO APPLE STORE NEAR ME---IT IS NOT AN OPTION.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Verizon or apple will have you restore first before doing anything if you call verizon and they do replace it they can mail you one and once you activate that one you mail your other phone in

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Jared DiPane

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Restoring is going to be a must in this situation.

Usually they won't do anything for you until you have done that.

I would back up your data through iTunes then restore the device and load your backup. See if that helps any.

Also, listing some of your issues would be great, as people may have some fixes for some of them,

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
i've never restored...don't really want to try and end up messing something up. NO APPLE STORE NEAR ME---IT IS NOT AN OPTION.

If you purchased Applecare then you can call and they will overnight you a new device and you will have to send the one you are having issues with back within 10 days or they will charge you the full price of the device.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

You can not "mess" anything up by restoring. In fact, there are times where this actually helps. Also, as Jeremy mentioned, you can call Apple Care and have them ship out a replacement to you.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you purchased Applecare then you can call and they will overnight you a new device and you will have to send the one you are having issues with back within 10 days or they will charge you the full price of the device.
I have applecare+ but won't that use up one of my two replacements I get?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Got off the phone with apple a little bit ago. They told me to do a restore which I'm doing now and after a couple days if it's still acting up they'll send me a new one at no cost

Awesome. Hopefully restoring it might help and you won't have to get a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice