AT&T is at it again with bogus data usage message

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if I started this whole AT&T is doing nothing to improve their network thing but I don't think they are sitting idle. What I am saying is they should not tell me they are going to throttle me with the plan I've had for 5 years now because it will help their network. That is not acceptable to me nor should it be to anyone else in my shoes.

Agreed. I would not be happy at all being on an unlimited data plan only to have my speeds throttled after only using 2GB. Makes no sense at all to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Last edited:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Irish, what data plan do you have? I have "unlimited" and my data speeds were always okay until recently (approx Oct).

I am on an unlimited data plan with AT&T as well and so far haven't had any slow down in speed at all. This is what my typical speed is like almost every day in my area.

ad310dce-266b-df35.jpg

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
^^this makes me ill! :p I have a call into AT&T to see if they have tower issues in my area(s). I'm trying everything I can think of to NOT blame it on throttling or the phone.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
^^this makes me ill! :p I have a call into AT&T to see if they have tower issues in my area(s). I'm trying everything I can think of to NOT blame it on throttling or the phone.

It's a good idea to call in and check just to be sure. I had an issue with my iPhone 4 with my data speeds and as it turns out it was related to the tower that I was routed on to. When AT&T switched me onto another tower near by my speed increased. When you call choose the option for tech support. Make sure that you have enough time and call from another phone so they can trouble shoot for you.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Today is the new billing cycle for me, so I reset my network statistics on my phone and will use 3G as much as possible. My goal is to hit 3 gigs this month to see what happens.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Today is the new billing cycle for me, so I reset my network statistics on my phone and will use 3G as much as possible. My goal is to hit 3 gigs this month to see what happens.

Good luck with that. I would have to use my 4S 24/7 to see that amount of data.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Nice. I guess I could get close to 3GB once I get the iPad 3 and use my JB tether app, PdaNet.

Keep in mind that I've hardly tethered. I would attribute 200-300 mb's to that usage from tethering. But from what we seem to think is moderate usage is starting to become unconsciously more and more nowadays.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that I've hardly tethered. I would attribute 200-300 mb's to that usage from tethering. But from what we seem to think is moderate usage is starting to become unconsciously more and more nowadays.

True. From what I heard, the 4S also uses more data than past iPhones have.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
True. From what I heard, the 4S also uses more data than past iPhones have.

I think that is just a myth. My data usage has not changed in the 4 months of having the 4S to the time I had the 4.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that is just a myth. My data usage has not changed in the 4 months of having the 4S to the time I had the 4.
I've seen a slight increase in the amount of data that I use since getting the 4S, however, it could be that I am using my iPhone more now too.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've seen a slight increase in the amount of data that I use since getting the 4S, however, it could be that I am using my iPhone more now too.

That could do it. I still use my iPad a ton so it really keeps my data balanced and why it hasn't increased.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
4 days in.....782 megs used. However if I check data usage in the iPhone settings (which I reset), it shows 748 megs used. Oh well.

A lot YouTube. Nothing in particular....just watch videos.

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
Is my iPhone usage screen accurate?

Att says I've used 25GB of data since OCT '11 till now and my iPhone shows 15.7GB.....
Curious

BuckyBadg

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
IF....

I get throttled with my unlimited plan, I will call AT&T and threaten to leave.

Then, I WILL do it even if it means paying a fine for early contract termination. If most of us did this, AT&T would listen. There is a lot of competition out there, so Sprint or Verizon, here I come, when and if.....:mad:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I get throttled with my unlimited plan, I will call AT&T and threaten to leave.

Then, I WILL do it even if it means paying a fine for early contract termination. If most of us did this, AT&T would listen. There is a lot of competition out there, so Sprint or Verizon, here I come, when and if.....:mad:

No competition with Verizon as they don't even offer unlimited data anymore. You'll get only 2GB/$30 with them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal