BS - build your network up then. Not what I signed up for 5 years ago.
    You don't think AT&T is trying to build up their network? They're not just sitting around doing nothing. It's not an easy task in some areas, while super easy in others. In the Houston Zoo, forget about signal. Why can't they install a tower in the area? I am guessing because flying zoo animals like bats might have a problem or some other animal is sensitive. Just a guess with nothing to base it on.

Places like SF have a crap load of red tape. People want it, but most don't want the tower in their backyards and that's a well known fact.

Again, AT&T isn't sitting on their butts doing nothing. I do think 5 gigs for 30 a month should be the de facto standard however...........
    02-06-2012 12:15 AM
    You don't think AT&T is trying to build up their network? They're not just sitting around doing nothing. It's not an easy task in some areas, while super easy in others. In the Houston Zoo, forget about signal. Why can't they install a tower in the area? I am guessing because flying zoo animals like bats might have a problem or some other animal is sensitive. Just a guess with nothing to base it on.

Places like SF have a crap load of red tape. People want it, but most don't want the tower in their backyards and that's a well known fact.

Again, AT&T isn't sitting on their butts doing nothing. I do think 5 gigs for 30 a month should be the de facto standard however...........
    I don't think they are doing anything. Their roll out of LTE is painfully slow, and their 3G network sucks. AT&T is just a greedy company that is butt-hurt over the tmobile merger not going through. My .02.
    02-06-2012 02:39 AM
    I don't think they are doing anything. Their roll out of LTE is painfully slow, and their 3G network sucks. AT&T is just a greedy company that is butt-hurt over the tmobile merger not going through. My .02.
    I think those who think they are doing nothing are just frustrated with their particular area. We have LTE here in Houston, so I don't care about that (especially since there are no LTE Apple devices), but I know they are working on their network here. When traveling from Houston to Austin, I'd drop into EDGE frequently, now it's all 3G for me. 3G coverage has increased traveling from Houston to the Valley. I can't explain your particular area, but I see improvement. Could they do more? All of them could.
    02-06-2012 09:05 AM
    I think those who think they are doing nothing are just frustrated with their particular area. We have LTE here in Houston, so I don't care about that (especially since there are no LTE Apple devices), but I know they are working on their network here. When traveling from Houston to Austin, I'd drop into EDGE frequently, now it's all 3G for me. 3G coverage has increased traveling from Houston to the Valley. I can't explain your particular area, but I see improvement. Could they do more? All of them could.
    My reply was in response to a question another poster asked of me. And you are wrong. I am not frustrated at all with my service. Never have been, in fact I've probably been the biggest backer for AT&T here in these forums. But don't tell me that in order to make your network better you have to throttle my data. That's the biggest BS line. If you can't see that, don't know what to tell you.
    02-06-2012 10:03 AM
    My reply was in response to a question another poster asked of me. And you are wrong. I am not frustrated at all with my service. Never have been, in fact I've probably been the biggest backer for AT&T here in these forums. But don't tell me that in order to make your network better you have to throttle my data. That's the biggest BS line. If you can't see that, don't know what to tell you.
    I didn't think I was replying to you. Oh well. Not a biggie.
    02-06-2012 10:49 AM
    All I know is that I'm ALWAYS on 3G with 4-5 bars and still don't get a data connection in, according to the "map", the best coverage areas around here.

Last edited by BrindawithanI; 02-06-2012 at 11:06 AM.
    02-06-2012 11:03 AM
    I didn't think I was replying to you. Oh well. Not a biggie.
    No? Ghostface replying to me. Perhaps I should have quoted both of your replies.
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 02-06-2012 at 12:19 PM.
    BreakingKayfabe likes this.
    02-06-2012 12:17 PM
    I respectfully disagree with this. First, while AT&T did get a late start with their LTE roll-out compared to Verizon, I don't think it has been slow at all. In fact, I would rather they thoroughly test LTE out in each market first and work out the bugs before moving on to the next one and then having to deal with 2 areas not working properly. Also, for me in all areas that I have traveled with AT&T, their 3G network has been nothing short of awesome. I have 3G service in every area that I go except for the morgue at my Hospital, and I just chalked that one up as being a dead zone, lol.
    02-06-2012 01:35 PM
    I respectfully disagree with this. First, while AT&T did get a late start with their LTE roll-out compared to Verizon, I don't think it has been slow at all. In fact, I would rather they thoroughly test LTE out in each market first and work out the bugs before moving on to the next one and then having to deal with 2 areas not working properly. Also, for me in all areas that I have traveled with AT&T, their 3G network has been nothing short of awesome. I have 3G service in every area that I go except for the morgue at my Hospital, and I just chalked that one up as being a dead zone, lol.
    I'm not sure if I started this whole AT&T is doing nothing to improve their network thing but I don't think they are sitting idle. What I am saying is they should not tell me they are going to throttle me with the plan I've had for 5 years now because it will help their network. That is not acceptable to me nor should it be to anyone else in my shoes.
    BrindawithanI likes this.
    02-06-2012 01:39 PM
    Irish, what data plan do you have? I have "unlimited" and my data speeds were always okay until recently (approx Oct).
    02-06-2012 02:01 PM
    I'm not sure if I started this whole AT&T is doing nothing to improve their network thing but I don't think they are sitting idle. What I am saying is they should not tell me they are going to throttle me with the plan I've had for 5 years now because it will help their network. That is not acceptable to me nor should it be to anyone else in my shoes.
    Agreed. I would not be happy at all being on an unlimited data plan only to have my speeds throttled after only using 2GB. Makes no sense at all to me.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    Last edited by Irish Rose; 02-06-2012 at 02:17 PM.
    02-06-2012 02:08 PM
    Irish, what data plan do you have? I have "unlimited" and my data speeds were always okay until recently (approx Oct).
    I am on an unlimited data plan with AT&T as well and so far haven't had any slow down in speed at all. This is what my typical speed is like almost every day in my area.

02-06-2012 02:14 PM
    ^^this makes me ill! I have a call into AT&T to see if they have tower issues in my area(s). I'm trying everything I can think of to NOT blame it on throttling or the phone.
    02-06-2012 02:58 PM
    ^^this makes me ill! I have a call into AT&T to see if they have tower issues in my area(s). I'm trying everything I can think of to NOT blame it on throttling or the phone.
    It's a good idea to call in and check just to be sure. I had an issue with my iPhone 4 with my data speeds and as it turns out it was related to the tower that I was routed on to. When AT&T switched me onto another tower near by my speed increased. When you call choose the option for tech support. Make sure that you have enough time and call from another phone so they can trouble shoot for you.

02-06-2012 03:11 PM
    Today is the new billing cycle for me, so I reset my network statistics on my phone and will use 3G as much as possible. My goal is to hit 3 gigs this month to see what happens.
    02-07-2012 09:50 AM
    Today is the new billing cycle for me, so I reset my network statistics on my phone and will use 3G as much as possible. My goal is to hit 3 gigs this month to see what happens.
    Good luck with that. I would have to use my 4S 24/7 to see that amount of data.

02-07-2012 10:21 AM
    Good luck with that. I would have to use my 4S 24/7 to see that amount of data.

That's super easy to do. Here's me 29 days in. I had the tethering plan just for this month before the
    4S jailbreak came out. Hence the 4Gigs

02-07-2012 12:56 PM
    That's super easy to do. Here's me 29 days in. I had the tethering plan just for this month before the
    4S jailbreak came out. Hence the 4Gigs

Click to view quoted image
    Nice. I guess I could get close to 3GB once I get the iPad 3 and use my JB tether app, PdaNet.

02-07-2012 03:45 PM
    Nice. I guess I could get close to 3GB once I get the iPad 3 and use my JB tether app, PdaNet.

Keep in mind that I've hardly tethered. I would attribute 200-300 mb's to that usage from tethering. But from what we seem to think is moderate usage is starting to become unconsciously more and more nowadays.
    02-07-2012 04:00 PM
    Keep in mind that I've hardly tethered. I would attribute 200-300 mb's to that usage from tethering. But from what we seem to think is moderate usage is starting to become unconsciously more and more nowadays.
    True. From what I heard, the 4S also uses more data than past iPhones have.

02-07-2012 04:05 PM
    True. From what I heard, the 4S also uses more data than past iPhones have.

I think that is just a myth. My data usage has not changed in the 4 months of having the 4S to the time I had the 4.
    02-07-2012 04:23 PM
    I think that is just a myth. My data usage has not changed in the 4 months of having the 4S to the time I had the 4.
    I've seen a slight increase in the amount of data that I use since getting the 4S, however, it could be that I am using my iPhone more now too.

02-07-2012 06:52 PM
    I agree.

I've seen a slight increase in the amount of data that I use since getting the 4S, however, it could be that I am using my iPhone more now too.

You just use your phone more now.
    02-09-2012 12:18 PM

That could do it. I still use my iPad a ton so it really keeps my data balanced and why it hasn't increased.
    02-09-2012 02:24 PM
    4 days in.....782 megs used. However if I check data usage in the iPhone settings (which I reset), it shows 748 megs used. Oh well.

A lot YouTube. Nothing in particular....just watch videos.
    02-10-2012 11:48 AM
89 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD