12-29-2011 12:38 PM
    I wonder if the legal beagles consider this enough of a material change in contract enough to render a contract cancelable without an ETF???

At any rate - I just logged on to MyVerizon, and sent an e-mail stating I'm leaving them at the end of my contract should this prevail. I pay via MyVerizon... and will not abide by forking over $2/month for the privilege of THAT. Screw 'em.
    12-29-2011 01:10 PM
    Mods might want to merge these 2 threads.

At any rate - I just logged on to MyVerizon, and sent an e-mail stating I'm leaving them at the end of my contract should this prevail. I pay via MyVerizon... and will not abide by forking over $2/month for the privilege of THAT. Screw 'em.
    There are other ways to pay your bill that don't cost Verizon to process your payment. Just saying....
    12-29-2011 01:35 PM
    There are other ways to pay your bill that don't cost Verizon to process your payment. Just saying....
    I REFUSE to give any company an automatic draw on my bank account.
    12-29-2011 01:50 PM
    Some other options: PayPal, ACH, bill pay through your bank
    12-29-2011 01:52 PM
    I am glad I left Verizon and went back to AT&T. I would not put any more money into their network as long as they continue to suffer from data related issues. During the week that I used them with an LTE android, my whole data went out including 3G and the second time I had no LTE at all for over 24 hours. Verizon is just trying to justify their price hiking practices by saying this added fee will help their network.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    12-29-2011 02:17 PM
    Same here. Besides that, it don't take that much effort to process a payment that they need to charge their customers 2 extra dollars in order to do so.

12-29-2011 02:20 PM
    Same here. Besides that, it don't take that much effort to process a payment that they need to charge their customers 2 extra dollars in order to do so.

You understand that they are most likely paying a point-of-sale merchants fee to the credit card company to process that payment, right? Probably 1-3%.

Look, I understand the frustration and the anti-big business sentiment. I'm not going to defend them. But, having a small business myself, I can understand their point of view. Let's say that they have to pay $2 every time someone uses a card that they have to process. Probably, with the proliferation of small iDevices, they are getting more and more payments that way and they have made a decision that they're not going to cover the fee anymore.
    12-29-2011 02:28 PM
    Glad I have AT&T. For a provider that charges so much already and full of outages, boy they got some nerves! Lol
    12-29-2011 02:33 PM
    They're call big red cuz they are blood sucking leeches lol
    FendrGuitPlayr likes this.
    12-29-2011 04:00 PM
    Glad I have AT&T. For a provider that charges so much already and full of outages, boy they got some nerves! Lol
    Don't get too comfortable with that. I guarantee you that AT&T has been looking at the subsidizing of credit card fees too. Implementing the same fee that Verizon now is has always been an option-- it's just been a matter of determining how big the outcry will be. Big business is very wary of pulling a Netflix move and losing customers en masse. Verizon merely stepped up first. If there is minimal fallout for Verizon-- which I think there will be-- AT&T will follow suit. Sprint is another story. They are looking for ways to differentiate themselves from the big 2 and may decide to continue covering the fees as a cost of doing business.
    12-29-2011 04:35 PM
    yea because att never has any outtages lol. i experienced more than my share of network problems over the years with att, an dont think paying tmobile billions in breakup fee wont come back on its subscribers in form of a junk fee one day...
    i switched back to paper billing tonight and will be writing a check and mailing it every month now ..charge me 2$ to pay online with a debit i will make you sort my check and bill every month..enjoy
    Last edited by tino72; 12-29-2011 at 09:25 PM.
    12-29-2011 09:23 PM
    To all of you who are touting AT&T - first of all, don't talk about outages. Verizon may have outages, although I've never had one and I live in the Chicagoland area, but that means you actually need to have a connection, so you can have an outage. With AT&T there are no outages cause you can never get a connection to begin with. Second of all, have you not seen that whatever one does, the other follows soon after. I bet AT&T has the same fee within 6 months. Also as mentioned above, AT&T just had to eat a big one for the T-mobile merger not going through. Do you actually think that they will just eat it? Nope. You all will be picking up that tab, guaranteed. Let's face it, as a consumer we really don't have much choice. We can pick one of the evil twins (Verizon or AT&T). Although Verizon has the better customer service as proven year after year by the rating surveys. Or we can go with Sprint which is cheaper, but has horrible coverage, the slowest speeds, and zero customer service. They also until recently had the worst selection of phones. Which leaves the only other option, Tmobile. Can't say anything about them as I never had them.
    12-29-2011 09:45 PM
    Maybe if there's enough complaints, it will be like Bank of America changing
    their mind on the ATM/Debit surcharge?
    12-30-2011 08:49 AM
    according to BGR.. they have scrapped the idea!

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee
    12-30-2011 03:31 PM
    according to BGR.. they have scrapped the idea!

Verizon scraps plan for $2 billing fee
    The powers of bad PR...
    12-30-2011 03:37 PM
    the fee is gone...and who cares? is another $2 a month really going to break the bank for everybody? doubt it
    12-30-2011 05:48 PM
    the fee is gone...and who cares? is another $2 a month really going to break the bank for everybody? doubt it
    Well since you don't mind the fee, if AT&T starts doing this, you can pay the $2 for me each month, lol.

12-30-2011 05:58 PM
    Who cares? I do. Obviously, you don't... and have to rub that fact in every chance you get. I guess you must get some sort of pleasure out of lauding your superiority...
    12-30-2011 05:58 PM
    Who cares? I do. Obviously, you don't... and have to rub that fact in every chance you get. I guess you must get some sort of pleasure out of lauding your superiority...
    It's not just a matter of the $2 fee, either. If we as customers start letting them push crap fees like this on us we will be opening our wallets to a whole load of other crap fees as well.

12-30-2011 06:20 PM
    Maybe if there's enough complaints, it will be like Bank of America changing
    their mind on the ATM/Debit surcharge?

Well, it created a lot of publicity - keep checking your statements though - they
    might find other ways to sneak it in your bill.
    01-01-2012 02:25 PM
    they cancelled the fee so relax. and I find it odd that you've been following my posts too. and what superiority? you're the fancy shmancy iphone guru
    Last edited by rewNATION; 01-02-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    01-02-2012 12:55 PM
    Testosterone check. One, two, three. Breathe. Warnings for both parties the next time it gets out of control.
    01-02-2012 01:11 PM
    they cancelled the fee so relax. and I find it odd that you've been following my posts too. and what superiority? you're the fancy shmancy iphone guru
    Ignore list... +1
    01-02-2012 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD