Apple shipped wrong VZW iphone 4s's

biggasexy

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
If anybody received their iphone 4s yesterday (12/28/11) in the mail...after 3 weeks of backorder waiting...and tried activating it, some of you, like myself found out we could not. After calls to CC and reading about the verizon outage, it made sense to believe the outage (apparently a faulty switch) was causing the newly received iphone 4s's to not activate.

It turns out, however, that the activation problems were not from the outage. Instead, Apple shipped iphone 4s's w/ vodafone carrier information to verizon customers.

Don't believe me? Check your carrier info in 'Settings'. I would expect to see "vzw" or "Verizon", but it says "vf nl 11.0". ..."vf"...as in vodafone...

A spoke to a vzw rep and they told me to "hold tight" and will contact me once Apple has a resolution. A vzw forum post said the igenuises would fix it, but have stopped doing so...
Activate Phone - Verizon Wireless Community

Who's running Apple now, Michael Scott?!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Honest mistake... after all, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications and Vodafone... :D

So they sent a phone with the wrong carrier load on it... should be easy for an Apple Genius to load the Verizon carrier specific iOS 5.0.1 -- and enter the CDMA radio MEID into they systems to make it work... they may or may not chose to do that...

Let's make a clickable link out of the one above...
Activate Phone - Verizon Wireless Community -- need to have more posts under your belt to get links... :)

Edit: clicked the link... don't see what that link has to do with the issue at hand...

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny how there's only one person this happened to....

I even searched and nothing else comes up anywhere.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

lhafford

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Funny how there's only one person this happened to....

I even searched and nothing else comes up anywhere.

Sent from my iOS ecosystem!

I am a VZW Indirect Agent, and have been working with someone who received 3 "bad" iPhones. Tech support is aware of the issue and is working with Apple to patch the carrier load, but there is still no ETA on when it will be completed.

ksharrow91

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Same here

I received my iphone 4s today but it was shipped out just yesterday and now i cannot activate. This is ridiculous, I ordered an iPhone not iPod!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I would go to a apple store and have them ither swap it or load the correct carrier

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

biggasexy

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
so the issue isn't really the carrier. it actually has to do with switched meid numbers. the meid number, like mine, were for vodafone, which is why the carrier was "vf nl". if you go into the verizon store, they can switch the meid number to a verizon one.

also, as an fyi, i went into the apple store before i went to the vzw store. the apple store switched out my sim, tried activating my phone with the sim, and no such luck. after about trying everything they could, another igenius came by and noticed that the meid number was not right and wanted to call vzw on the spot. i didn't want to stay in the store too long, so i told them i would just walk 200ft to the vzw store instead.

calilsv

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not just white iphones. My company just got 10 (on 12/28/11) Iphones 4s with this same problem, different colors After going back and forth with both vzw and apple I finally got the correct carrier to display on my phone, Apple had me do a factory restore. Now I have bars, before it just said no service, but still my phone wont activate on Verizon network. They say there are having network problems with iphone 4s activation's, but I don't believe that one bit. I think the MEID's are screwed up causing all these problems. Going to Verizon store in a few to see If I can get this taken care of.

calilsv

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually, they have been having issues with that today - it's a known issue.

Yes, they have been saying that for over 36 hours now, but a coworker just went and bought a new iphone4s from the VZ store and it was activated before he left the store. They may be having issues, but it might just have to do with incorrect phones being shipped out.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR