Sprint Early Upgrades

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
I just called Sprint and I don't know if anyone knows but they are now doing early upgrades....I wasn't eligible for upgrade until December 1st; now what you do is call account services and they will upgrade your phone the month before on the 18, like I can be eligible for the iPhone tomorrow!

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had Sprint do this for me in the past. Typically if your upgrade date is within 2 weeks, they'll allow you to upgrade early. Now, if you want to upgrade several months out... good luck. Unless you are a smooth-talker or have some extenuating circumstance, they're not too lenient on early upgrades.

zak

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprints upgrade policy has changed a fair amount in 2011. In April they changed what the qualifications where for a 1 year upgrade, then a few months later they cancelled the 1 year upgrade all together. At this time my upgrade is at 22 months instead of a full two years (huge deal I know) but seeing how much Sprint has changed the policy since I started with them a little over two years ago, I'm not counting on that still being true in September when my upgrade is supposed to be available.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Of course, when you are on the phone with them 2 months out they NEVER tell you to call back in a month and maybe they can help. No, they tell you you'll just have to wait.

mikechaudron

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Upgraded three phones in December

We have five phones on our personal plan with Sprint. I upgraded my wife's phone to an iPhone 4S using an upgrade we had for her wifi card. The day after Christmas, I saw a posting from Sprint insiders saying that Sprint would do early upgrades before 12/31/11 for customers who are part of their about to be defunct Premier program. I went to a Sprint store yesterday and was able to upgrade both of my son's phones to the 4S, even though they weren't eligible for upgrades until March and July of next year.

The rep at the Sprint store said they were doing it for Premier customers to lock them up for two more years. He said they weren't advertising it and it could only be done at Sprint owned stores, not authorized retailers/resellers.

Not sure if that is true, but i was thrilled to be able to put iPhones in my lovely bride and our two son's hands this Christmas.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro