What if I want unlimited data on AT&T?

Hagan#1

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Can you pm me too. I had unlimited at one point and changed my plan to tethering and didn't realize I would lose my unlimited , stupid I know.
Now they won't give it back. Pissed off. I was not warned thourougly in my opinion I explained this to the manger with AT&T but they said since it was changed on my end I'm screwed. Thanks AT&T

jakeless.123

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a poor credit score either they said because it wasn't perfect and apparently that's what they charge new customers and people with no credit.....that's a crock of sh*te they just want my money

They never charged me a deposit and my credit is not bad, but not perfect either...

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk

kilroy2730

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the process of switching from unlimited data on T-Mobile to AT&T for the iPhone 4s. I have both services at the moment (trying the iPhone out). I've been hesitant to leave TMo due the unlimited and the $10/month family text messaging plan but my husband desperately wants an iPhone. I had no problem with the credit check - but for some reason, my order was screwed up from day one. I now have all three phones that were ordered.
I would love to have unlimited data on our iPhones, but I just don't see that happening. :(

rickylee626

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry that you had a bad experience with getting service with AT&T. Unfortunately there are only two wireless carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile) here in the US that don't have stringent security checks with high deposits. Verizon and AT&T can be pricey for those that have a poor security rating.
Actually, before Verizon got the iPhone, AT&T asked me for a $750 deposit. I was able to sign up with Verizon with no deposit. 6 months later when Verizon did release the iPhone 4 they let me upgrade and get the iPhone. No deposit, unlimited data, early upgrade, service everywhere I go. I don't know why so many people hate on VZW. I'd pick Verizon over AT&T any day. Red is my new favorite color!

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually, before Verizon got the iPhone, AT&T asked me for a $750 deposit. I was able to sign up with Verizon with no deposit. 6 months later when Verizon did release the iPhone 4 they let me upgrade and get the iPhone. No deposit, unlimited data, early upgrade, service everywhere I go. I don't know why so many people hate on VZW. I'd pick Verizon over AT&T any day. Red is my new favorite color!

Can we get back on topic please? Thanks

rickylee626

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I thought the topic was solved! Anyways, back on Topic, if you threaten to cancel your service enough, most carriers will give you what you want to stay. Just ask to speak to account services because you aren't happy with their service. May take a few tries, but it is possible.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I thought the topic was solved! Anyways, back on Topic, if you threaten to cancel your service enough, most carriers will give you what you want to stay. Just ask to speak to account services because you aren't happy with their service. May take a few tries, but it is possible.

I can see them doing that if you'd been a loyal customer for half way through your contract but not for new customers. Especially ones still within their 30 days.

And yes, my original topic was resolved. The AT&T $30/mo unlimited plan IS STILL AVAILABLE.

Star-Lord

May 20, 2011
Visit site
But HOW is it available? It's not on the site unless you mean the iPhone, the original one, trick.

Anything is possible my friend. The plan is STILL IN THEIR SYSTEM after a year and a half later. PM me for details if interested.

I will. I'm only 3 more posts away from being able to PM :p I definitely will.

Last edited:

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I did the "original iPhone" loophole trick. That was about 9 months ago and they haven't taken it away. Its a legitimate loophole. Until they do away with the unlimited plan for the original iPhone, I believe it will be a viable way for people to get unlimited plans (or get it back after giving it up, like I did). I don't think there is anything dishonest or sneaky about using a loophole they have left open. I just borrowed one from a friend, put my sim card in (via sim adapter from amazon), and activated it in iTunes. Then I chose the $20 unlimited plan. I left my sim card in the phone overnight and the next day switched my sim back into my iPhone 4. I received a text a few hours later saying the $20 unlimited plan was incompatible with my device so they were switching me to the $30 unlimited plan. I had my friends original iPhone returned to him within 24 hours.

MattMJB0188

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I did the "original iPhone" loophole trick. That was about 9 months ago and they haven't taken it away. Its a legitimate loophole. Until they do away with the unlimited plan for the original iPhone, I believe it will be a viable way for people to get unlimited plans (or get it back after giving it up, like I did). I don't think there is anything dishonest or sneaky about using a loophole they have left open. I just borrowed one from a friend, put my sim card in (via sim adapter from amazon), and activated it in iTunes. Then I chose the $20 unlimited plan. I left my sim card in the phone overnight and the next day switched my sim back into my iPhone 4. I received a text a few hours later saying the $20 unlimited plan was incompatible with my device so they were switching me to the $30 unlimited plan. I had my friends original iPhone returned to him within 24 hours.

Exactly. Well said.

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
the problem with Verizon and Sprint being the top 2 networks is even if you had. an unlimited data plan after 2GB the speeds go slower and it's unfortunately due to all the people using their smartphones on 3G and 4G and also they forget to free up their bandwidth.......that's why I love Sprint cuz I could be in the middle of nowhere and have 3G speeds at 3.1 mbps always sometimes higher(I sometimes roam on EVDO Rev. B)

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
actually sprint isn't horrible.....why do people stuffff about them and have never tried their service? and no you won't need an iPhone 2G.....actually most of the time Sprint 3G is faster than Verizon's especially in California and New York and with EVDO Advanced coming out next year with Sprint the speeds will be 14.4 mbps way faster than Verizon

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73