I don't have a poor credit score either they said because it wasn't perfect and apparently that's what they charge new customers and people with no credit.....that's a crock of sh*te they just want my money
    11-07-2011 05:38 PM
    Sprint knows it too, which is why they offer things like cheaper plans and unlimited data to attract customers.
    Yeah but Sprint's CDMA network doesn't hold a candle to AT&T's superior GSM/HSPA+ network. I'd take 2GB of data anyday with fast speeds versus spees that cannot even reach 1Mbps down on Sprint. Oh and just to reassure anyone who thinks I'm just making that up for the sake of arguement, I am not. I had Sprint this past summer when the Evo 3D came out and it was aboslutely horrible. Their coverage map says I was in a "Good" coverage area, yet I was always roaming. Getting 1Mbps is pretty good on Sprint but rarely happened. I am not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do data and voice simultaneously.

I did successfully get the AT&T $30 unlimited plan today but I'm not gonna discuss how as I already foolsihly did lol. I hope I can keep it for the life of my contract and I won't change anything including phones lol. I know someday it will be gone for good.
    11-07-2011 05:44 PM
    I don't have a poor credit score either they said because it wasn't perfect and apparently that's what they charge new customers and people with no credit.....that's a crock of sh*te they just want my money
    Hmmm.. from your other post you said that you own both AT&T and Verizon money.. no wonder they want a security deposit... just settle your depts with these companies and move on.. or continue to suffer... I guess they just want their money as well.
    11-07-2011 06:12 PM
    No, you just have crappy credit at one of the agencies we checked, there are three. You also may have a very short credit history, not enough to gauge worthiness. I dont have the best credit and I have no deposit with AT&T.
    11-07-2011 07:38 PM
    I've been with Verizon for years and remained 'grand fathered' in with an unlimited data plan.

That's the main reason I have stayed with them, cause AT&T will not it give it up and if I come back to VWZ, they won't give it back.
    11-07-2011 07:59 PM
    Yeah but Sprint's CDMA network doesn't hold a candle to AT&T's superior GSM/HSPA+ network. I'd take 2GB of data anyday with fast speeds versus spees that cannot even reach 1Mbps down on Sprint. Oh and just to reassure anyone who thinks I'm just making that up for the sake of arguement, I am not. I had Sprint this past summer when the Evo 3D came out and it was aboslutely horrible. Their coverage map says I was in a "Good" coverage area, yet I was always roaming. Getting 1Mbps is pretty good on Sprint but rarely happened. I am not a fan of CDMA technology as you can't do data and voice simultaneously.

I did successfully get the AT&T $30 unlimited plan today but I'm not gonna discuss how as I already foolsihly did lol. I hope I can keep it for the life of my contract and I won't change anything including phones lol. I know someday it will be gone for good.
    how did you get unlimited data with them?
    11-07-2011 08:21 PM
    how did you get unlimited data with them?
    PM me for info. Its legit.

11-07-2011 09:04 PM
    Yes, how did you get unlimited data? Only way I can think of is taking over someones contract. Care to PM the details?
    11-07-2011 11:40 PM
    Yes, how did you get unlimited data? Only way I can think of is taking over someones contract. Care to PM the details?
    Nope. As you can see I had the 2GB plan.
    11-07-2011 11:49 PM
    that faster speeds isn't 3G it's HSPA+/4G.....and the only reason I bash AT&T is because I tried getting an iPhone 4S with them recently and my security deposit was $700 with decent credit and it was even $700 even with no credit
    At&t's 3G has still been shown to be faster than Verizon or Sprint.
    Even with the 4 (vs Verizon anyways, i dont know if anyone has done speed tests on Sprint yet)
    Of course Verizon gets more coverage enabling faster data across more of the globe.

The big companies usually are pretty picky.
    Sorry for your experience.
    11-08-2011 01:40 AM
    The reason I won't go with AT&T is because they want $700 out of me to sign up even though my credit score is 600 and I won't go with Verizon because they wouldn't refund $500 worth of charges someone made on my phone after it was lost because I didn't have insurance
    11-08-2011 02:03 AM
    The reason I won't go with AT&T is because they want $700 out of me to sign up even though my credit score is 600 and I won't go with Verizon because they wouldn't refund $500 worth of charges someone made on my phone after it was lost because I didn't have insurance
    The fact that AT&T wants a deposit from you based on your credit score in no way makes them a bad carrier. It is simply their way of making sure that they don't get screwed in the process of offering you service. You already said you owe Verizon money. If you felt that strongly about not owing them the money due to fraudulent charges to your account, you really should have fought them on it rather than leaving and not addressing it. As a huge company Verizon has to do something about the $500 that is owed to them, if they don't get paid within a certain period of time, they'll turn your account over to a collection agency, which is what brings your credit score down.
    11-08-2011 07:53 AM
    That is cool, Matt. Glad to hear you were able to get the unlimited data plan.
    11-08-2011 07:55 AM
    ^ Thanks. Anyone who PM'd me on how to get the unlimited plan, check your inbox.
    11-08-2011 10:50 AM
    i cant pm u.. can u pm me and tell me?
    11-08-2011 11:26 AM
    I can't send any PMs yet until I get 15 posts. Care to PM me instead?
    11-08-2011 03:01 PM
    Can you pm me too. I had unlimited at one point and changed my plan to tethering and didn't realize I would lose my unlimited , stupid I know.
    Now they won't give it back. Pissed off. I was not warned thourougly in my opinion I explained this to the manger with AT&T but they said since it was changed on my end I'm screwed. Thanks AT&T
    11-08-2011 03:26 PM
    They never charged me a deposit and my credit is not bad, but not perfect either...

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk
    11-09-2011 12:22 AM
    That's not true I still have an unlimited plan with AT&T that I have kept through 3 phones

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    unlimited. grandfathered
    11-09-2011 01:06 PM
    I'm in the process of switching from unlimited data on T-Mobile to AT&T for the iPhone 4s. I have both services at the moment (trying the iPhone out). I've been hesitant to leave TMo due the unlimited and the $10/month family text messaging plan but my husband desperately wants an iPhone. I had no problem with the credit check - but for some reason, my order was screwed up from day one. I now have all three phones that were ordered.
    I would love to have unlimited data on our iPhones, but I just don't see that happening.
    11-09-2011 02:57 PM
    They never charged me a deposit and my credit is not bad, but not perfect either...

Sent from my iPhone communication device using Tapatalk
    Your score must have been higher than hers, which could explain why.
    11-09-2011 04:52 PM
    Be respectful to the OP and keep posts on topic otherwise they will be removed.

Thanks
    MattMJB0188 likes this.
    11-09-2011 05:06 PM
    So can we get back to talking about unlimited data on AT&T. How in the world is that even possible?
    11-09-2011 10:02 PM
    So can we get back to talking about unlimited data on AT&T. How in the world is that even possible?
    Anything is possible my friend. The plan is STILL IN THEIR SYSTEM after a year and a half later. PM me for details if interested.
    11-09-2011 10:21 PM
    Sorry that you had a bad experience with getting service with AT&T. Unfortunately there are only two wireless carriers (Sprint, T-Mobile) here in the US that don't have stringent security checks with high deposits. Verizon and AT&T can be pricey for those that have a poor security rating.
    Actually, before Verizon got the iPhone, AT&T asked me for a $750 deposit. I was able to sign up with Verizon with no deposit. 6 months later when Verizon did release the iPhone 4 they let me upgrade and get the iPhone. No deposit, unlimited data, early upgrade, service everywhere I go. I don't know why so many people hate on VZW. I'd pick Verizon over AT&T any day. Red is my new favorite color!
    11-09-2011 10:27 PM
91 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD