Let me start by saying this isn't my issue, it is a friend of mine who upgraded a blackberry to an iPhone last week.

She had an important Voicemail saved from her Mother right before she died, and when she upgraded her iPhone it is now gone.

I don't have Verizon (AT&T user), so I am asking those of you out there is there any way you know of for her to get access to her old voicemail to recover that message.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you might have.
    11-01-2011 09:46 AM
    I just switched from a BB to a iPhone 4S last week. When it came in the mail, there was a guide about activating and moving over contacts and stuff like that. I do remember that it said you can't transfer any voicemail to the 4S. It didn't give any particular reason though.
    11-01-2011 10:43 AM
    I don't have Verizon (AT&T user), so I am asking those of you out there is there any way you know of for her to get access to her old voicemail to recover that message..
    Sadly, there's nothing that can be done at this point. It's gone.
    11-01-2011 11:07 AM
    Thanks for the information.

Since that is what she expected, at least the shock has already sunk in.
    11-01-2011 11:29 AM
    Doesn't really help your friend but with Google Voice you can forward voicemail and archive/backup the VM. You really don't get any such guarantees with the VM systems of the various carriers.
    11-13-2011 02:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD