Unlimited Data Plans

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Aren't truly unlimited without the new $10 fee they add on. SO why don't they just add the xtra $10 on to the original plan? FALSE ADVERTISEMENT! I hate companies who try to scam customers like this.

BTW a 10 yr Sprint customer, i just hate these little hidden fee bull****. Sorry had to vent. Spring if you're listening this is BS way to bring up the rates after the fact.

Maestro1#AC

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
that's because unlimited data is included without $10 add-on for non-smartphones. The $10 add-on is for smartphones because they obviously use much more data than a dumbphone.

what I am a little ticked off at is that when webOS and android phones first came out, they used the excuse that these operating systems are data intensive so an everything data plan is required. Than they used the same reason in 2011 to make all smartphones pay $10 add-on on top of the everything data plan. If anything they should've added the $10 add-on to only very high-end phones, or to those who use a lot of data.

its mind boggling that a teenage girl with a palm Pixi or blackberry curve, who texts a lot, and uses little data....ends up paying the same amount as a tech geek with an rooted evo3d who is using a crap-load of data all day long.

Last edited:

TheTaste

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
that's because unlimited data is included without $10 add-on for non-smartphones. The $10 add-on is for smartphones because they obviously use much more data than a dumbphone.

what I am a little ticked off at is that when webOS and android phones first came out, they used the excuse that these operating systems are data intensive so an everything data plan is required. Than they used the same reason in 2011 to make all smartphones pay $10 add-on on top of the everything data plan. If anything they should've added the $10 add-on to only very high-end phones, or to those who use a lot of data.

its mind boggling that a teenage girl with a palm Pixi or blackberry curve, who texts a lot, and uses little data....ends up paying the same amount as a tech geek with an rooted evo3d who is using a crap-load of data all day long.

But that's the nature of unlimited-ness, is it not? Which part of the equation would you change? Have one person pay less for unlimited than another? I'm not sure why this is causing you so much grief. If everybody is allowed to use an unlimited amount, why should those who use more be penalized for taking full advantage of the offer? This is the sort of thinking that causes 10,000,000 word tax codes...but I digress.:D

GigaS27

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
But that's the nature of unlimited-ness, is it not? Which part of the equation would you change? Have one person pay less for unlimited than another? I'm not sure why this is causing you so much grief. If everybody is allowed to use an unlimited amount, why should those who use more be penalized for taking full advantage of the offer? This is the sort of thinking that causes 10,000,000 word tax codes...but I digress.:D

Exactly! PLus i have to pay an extra 20$ to use my phone with my business. So they pricing makes no sense! All marketing scamming BS.

zak

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
even with the additional $10 for smartphones (which was originally just for 4g phones even if you never used it) I'm still paying less than Verizon or AT&T if you use the phone enough to make having Unlimited Data a nessecity.

AlanG4s

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Also a 10+ year Sprint customer and I have absolutely no issues paying $10 to turn on my iPhone and do anything I want, as much as I want, and always know my bill will be the same.

Compared to getting speed scaled back when you hit certain limits or the other things Verizon and/or ATT do, this is a bargain!

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Also a 10+ year Sprint customer and I have absolutely no issues paying $10 to turn on my iPhone and do anything I want, as much as I want, and always know my bill will be the same.

Compared to getting speed scaled back when you hit certain limits or the other things Verizon and/or ATT do, this is a bargain!

Couldn't agree with you more i bought my iphone 4 off contract and linked it to my account and was charged the extra $10. I asked why and they said its to upgrade the network and balance out for additional charges.... needless to say ive actually seen the improvements to the network in my area and now i use data all day

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
When I was with Sprint the $10 extra charge was for "Premium Data" which was for their 4G devices that use WiMax.

Not sure if it's different now or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

msherro#AC

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Exactly! PLus i have to pay an extra 20$ to use my phone with my business. So they pricing makes no sense! All marketing scamming BS.

As a Sprint Dealer, First let me say that I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you by your billing difficulties. (If there is anything I can do to help you, feel free to PM me.)

I would like to provide a little clarification on our unlimited data plan pricing if I may...

We offer unlimited data in that we do not have caps, throttle speeds, or charge any sort of overages. The $10 premium data add-on is a fee that is assessed not to nickel and dime our customers but so that we can continue to offer you unlimited data, which is not an inexpensive proposition. The fee is assessed on all new smartphone activations, upgrades, and Customer Owned and Managed Devices.

Your account manager should have accurately explained this to you when you signed up for your new plan. If he/she did not do this, I apologize. There are multiple options for reducing expenses and/or mitigating your cost. Also if you can provide more information on the extra $20 you are paying to use with your business, I might be able to point you in the right direction on having a better overall experience.

Have a great night!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh