I am eligible for an upgrade with Verizon now, but I am in a quandary about which smartphone to buy - the Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, Google Nexus Prime or the iPhone 4S. I am switching from a Blackberry Tour. I guess I'll just wait until these new Androids are reviewed and compared to one another with benchmark tests and battery life, and then make a final decision. I am very eager to get rid of the Blackberry! I went to the Verizon store yesterday and played with the iPhone 4S and found the interface very polished and seamless, unlike the quirks/bugs I have experienced with my Blackberry. I have never owned an Android phone so I cannot compare them. Any advice from experienced members would be appreciated.
    10-25-2011 11:01 AM
    A BIG part of this process is your preferences/needs/wants//etc. Not sure why everyone asking such questions seems to omit this stuff. It's not just a matter of spec sheet racing and picking an objective best. Best is very subjective otherwise everyone would have the exact same device. Every option has its pros and cons. You need to figure out which balance of pros and cons suits you best. Not everyone reaches the same conclusion. I've used all 3 and currently prefer IOS but that doesn't necessarily mean that you will as well.

General "battery life" info doesn't really mean much. On most devices your specific usage has a major impact on battery life.

Give us details. Help us to help you.

..and spend some time with some Android devices unless you're the type to buy cars without test driving. Regardless of what you do, you'll want to "test drive" whatever you buy and make sure you're happy before your return period runs out.
    Last edited by briareus; 10-29-2011 at 11:22 PM.
    10-29-2011 11:17 PM
    I chose the Verizon iPhone 4s and ordered it last week.
    10-29-2011 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD