Does anyone else find it endlessly irritating when VZW reps (esp indirect)...

DannyMichel

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Maybe because android phones have LTE and talk and data capabilities. They know how much the iPhone sucks on VZW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MECM

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
From what I've seen on other forums, I believe VZW employees get 50% off their plans and can get new equipment yearly at the 2 year price on their personal lines. Reasoning behind embargoing newly launched phones is putting customers first.

That's a pretty sweet deal if you're a patient person. I would have some issues with that, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Maybe because android phones have LTE and talk and data capabilities. They know how much the iPhone sucks on VZW

In your opinion it (iPhone) sucks.

In my opinion, it's just fine. Limitations and all. I knew about them going in. And there are tens of thousands more people out there like me than like you, who endlessly spout the same venomous used oats to make yourself feel better... it's a shame, really. SMH.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
A single data point (your experience) does not define a trend.

If you're gonna go through a forum and nitpick everything people say for faults and flaws in logic, you might want to get it right. The OP had multiple visits to Verizon where this happened, so it's more than one data point.

ANYWAY

Yes, I've had this and it's annoying. Back in what, October or November of last year I think it was? A bunch of iPhone rumors for Verizon came out, and I got in a fairly heated argument with a VZW guy about whether or not Verizon would get the iPhone. He said "Why on earth would we get that crappy phone, we have Android. We don't need it." Which is like, the number one defensive, pointless reason given for hating pretty much anything that threatens one's beliefs, haha.

I don't know why they do it, but they should stop. If I go to Verizon to get screen protectors (why are they like, the only place that sells clear protectors?! aaanyway...) and they try to sell me an Android one more time, I might just blow up. Taking the Android phone section with me. :mad:

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was shocked today when myself and my girlfriend went to the corporate Verizon store and was looking to get a case for my iPhone 4 and told the rep that we were going to use an upgrade for her to get the 4S. He said very good choice. I was shocked then when I got a case the other rep asked her do you know the difference between the 4 and 4S? She said no and he said then you should get the 4 I told him its going to be her Christmas present and she is getting the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I was shocked today when myself and my girlfriend went to the corporate Verizon store and was looking to get a case for my iPhone 4 and told the rep that we were going to use an upgrade for her to get the 4S. He said very good choice. I was shocked then when I got a case the other rep asked her do you know the difference between the 4 and 4S? She said no and he said then you should get the 4 I told him its going to be her Christmas present and she is getting the 4S.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaMFtalk

When I got my 4s they told me there is. No difference between the 4 and 4s and I said o really so this This this he was like o besides that lol I just said give me a 4s lol

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I told her that she will really like the camera and it will be supported longer than the 4. I think the reason they told her that was it looks like they still have a stock of 16, and 32GB iPhone 4's in stock. So my guess is that they are trying to get rid of the stock they have. Also told her we are not using an upgrade for the 4 when the 4S is not much more than the 4"s they are trying to get rid of.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
This last time, I ordered mine (from Verizon) by phone since I needed them to move my upgrade up a couple of weeks to make it here in time for Christmas, but I very rarely have a good experience going in to the Verizon company stores. I typically find I know more about the phone I'm asking about than the reps do. I'm sure it's not all stores and all reps, but I've had more luck online or on the phone also.

Rgds/Mark M.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This last time, I ordered mine (from Verizon) by phone since I needed them to move my upgrade up a couple of weeks to make it here in time for Christmas, but I very rarely have a good experience going in to the Verizon company stores. I typically find I know more about the phone I'm asking about than the reps do. I'm sure it's not all stores and all reps, but I've had more luck online or on the phone also.

Rgds/Mark M.

I wish I could get my upgrade "moved up" a bit. Due feb 18th.

markm

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could get my upgrade "moved up" a bit. Due feb 18th.
I only had about 2 weeks to go, but you can always try. The worst they can do is say no. :) (Maybe wait another month or so and say you want to make sure to get them in time for Valentine's Day!)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro