Hi,

I'm about to switch to my girlfriend's Verizon plan. She has unlimited data, but only uses it for email on her BlackBerry. I use much more and I'm leaving my unlimited data plan with AT&T. Has anybody had any success switching the phone number with the unlimited data to another number? It would be great if I could end up with her data plan and she could have the standard 2GB.

Thanks
    10-14-2011 09:14 AM
    Idk if they would do that. If worst comes to worst just switch numbers with her and you take her line and she can keep her blackberry on the 2gb plan. I would call Verizon and ask.
    10-14-2011 10:31 AM
    Yeah I know that's an option, but it's one we would like to avoid because all of her business contacts have her number. Thanks for the reply though.
    10-14-2011 10:34 AM
    The contracts & associated features follow the phone numbers. You can't swap features.
    10-14-2011 10:48 AM
    Swap her numbers and tell her it's "better that way" lol.
    10-29-2011 11:25 PM
    I actually think your girlfriend will lose her unlimited plan if you join her account (I'm assuming you're going to do a family plan). The unlimited data only carries over if you make no adjustments to your plan (you can upgrade/swap your phone as much as you want). If she has an individual plan and is changing to a family plan, she'll lose the unlimited data anyway.

There is some slight good news though! Right now, Verizon is offering 4 gigs of data for $30 a month. It's some new special that launched with the Droid Razr. I know it isn't an unlimited plan but 4 gigs is better than 2!

PS - I don't work for Verizon, I just sold cell phones many moons ago.
    11-22-2011 10:51 AM

There is some slight good news though! Right now, Verizon is offering 4 gigs of data for $30 a month. It's some new special that launched with the Droid Razr. I know it isn't an unlimited plan but 4 gigs is better than 2!

PS - I don't work for Verizon, I just sold cell phones many moons ago.
    Verizon's new data plans are only for their LTE devices, not good for iPhones.
    11-22-2011 11:55 AM
    Well that's a bummer! I have been seeing advertisements everywhere but haven't been able to read the "small print."

Well then scratch that about the 4 gig plan - there is no good news... for you or your girlfriend haha...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-22-2011 02:01 PM
    Well that's a bummer! I have been seeing advertisements everywhere but haven't been able to read the "small print."

Well then scratch that about the 4 gig plan - there is no good news... for you or your girlfriend haha...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I agree with ya here. A 4GB iPhone data plan for $30 would definitely be nice. I read somewhere that Verizon is only offering this plan for their LTE devices in order to get people To switch from the iPhone because those users are consuming a lot of data. Verizon's LTE network is still young and therefore isn't as congested yet.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    11-22-2011 06:19 PM
    She should be able to keep her unlimited by adding you. I was on an unlimited data single line by myself and recently added my girlfriend to my plan and had to switch to the family plan. I kept my unlimited data while she ended up with 2gb cap. I did make it quite clear when I was adding the line that if I would be losing my unlimited, I wouldn't be spending any money with them that day. YMMV
    12-18-2011 12:31 PM
    Not sure if it applies here or not. My iPhone 4s is on our corporate Verizon plan and all of our smartphones (mostly Blackberries) have unlimited data. I just went online to look at mine and confirmed even with the iPhone I have unlimited data. I have to assume it is because of having a business account with over 50 phones and MIFI cards that gives us that option.

It doesn't take long to rack up the data. I was recently in Las Vegas and didn't want to pay the $20 per day for hotel wifi. My 4G MIFI card has 5G of data and I went over it pretty quickly over a four day period.

A buddy of mine has the Verizon Thunderbolt and was giving me a hard time for only having 3G speed with my iPhone. I showed him my 4G MIFI card and told him I was almost always at 4G speed, plus I have the most awesome phone ever.
    12-18-2011 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD