Just got off the phone with sprint. Total Equipment Protection ($8 a month) does not cover the iPhone. She said we do have to buy Apple Care for $99 and it has to be bought the day the phone is activated. She said that I can bill the $99 to my sprint account or I can pay it at the store, but she made it real clear that it has to be bought before or on the day of activation.
    10-12-2011 12:59 PM
    Just got off the phone with sprint. Total Equipment Protection ($8 a month) does not cover the iPhone. She said we do have to buy Apple Care for $99 and it has to be bought the day the phone is activated. She said that I can bill the $99 to my sprint account or I can pay it at the store, but she made it real clear that it has to be bought before or on the day of activation.
    Nice, find. I wonder why they won't allow them to use Total Equipment Protection, does Sprint, Verizon or AT&T even know whats inside an iPhone? I don't think they know how to fix them. They probably send them to Apple.
    10-12-2011 01:03 PM
    She did say that keeping the Total Equipment Protection are there was pointless. She said I should diff keep it on my other 2 lines but once I get the iPhone 4s I should take the Total Equipment Protection off.
    10-12-2011 01:04 PM
    if you go to apple web site and look up on the iphone page is says you can buy 30 days from the 14th, but I would confirm with a apple store that is what we really can do, i am going to call a store tomorrow
    10-15-2011 10:51 PM
    I thought it was a lot at first glance but think about it. $8 for 22months. That's $176 for the usual 2 year contract. So with apple care you're paying less upfront.
    10-16-2011 12:20 AM
    its a $100, a year so it would be a little more but the deductible is less if you have to replace the phone for 49 dollars.
    10-16-2011 12:39 AM
    She did say that keeping the Total Equipment Protection are there was pointless. She said I should diff keep it on my other 2 lines but once I get the iPhone 4s I should take the Total Equipment Protection off.
    I wouldn't say that the Total protection is completely useless because if you break or damage your iphone beyond use with the Total protection they have to give you a replacement phone. IT WILL NOT BE AN IPHONE but at least you get a replacement if you didn't already have one.
    04-07-2012 04:08 PM
    I wouldn't say that the Total protection is completely useless because if you break or damage your iphone beyond use with the Total protection they have to give you a replacement phone. IT WILL NOT BE AN IPHONE but at least you get a replacement if you didn't already have one.
    This is not even remotely true. Sprint will require the removal of TEP upon activating the iPhone.
    04-14-2012 12:02 AM
    Sprint will not cover an iPhone at all with their TEP. And the deductible to get a new phone to replace an Android with TEP is $100. The $49 deductible is for the basic phones only.
    04-17-2012 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD