Advantages/Disadvatages: Sprint

FightOn2001

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I have read several comparisons of the iPhone carriers and, while not inaccurate, several fail to tell the whole picture. As a current Sprint customer, I decided to stay with the Now Network given the following considerations:

POSITIVES:

PRICE: As most of the comparisons have mentioned, Sprint offers the lowest priced plan for the iPhone unless you took the bare bones on AT&T (lowest data, no texting).

FEATURES: This is where Sprint really takes the cake. My iPhone will have unlimited texting, unlimited mobile-to-mobile, GPS navigation (I assume this means Sprint Navigation, though unconfirmed), and 7 p.m. night and weekend minutes.

NETWORK: The Sprint network has improved, but is not perfect. What is not frequently mentioned is that Sprint has voice and data roaming agreements with Verizon to fill in many of the gaps.

NEGATIVES:

CDMA: Better quality, but no simultaneous data/voice and slower data speeds.

CarrieMK

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I am with Sprint as well. For the price and unlimited data, imho you can't beat it. If we didn't have good Sprint coverage, my second choice would be Verizon. ATT and T-Mobile aren't very good in my area.

There is good news concerning Sprint's network. Last week they announced the Vision rollout, which means they are moving to LTE in 2013 (which won't necessarily be a good thing for iPhone users because they are on 3G) but they are also improving the 3G network and have incorporated ways to reallocate resources for better network performance. I just took some speed tests this AM and using 3G have ranged from 1744 kbps down and 626 kbps up to 2161 kbps down and 1106 kbps up. I have noticed in the last couple weeks a lot of improvement in 3G. I belive they did this for a multitude of reasons, in part to improve service overall but to also accommodate the influx of iPhone users moving to Sprint.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I am with Sprint as well. For the price and unlimited data, imho you can't beat it. If we didn't have good Sprint coverage, my second choice would be Verizon. ATT and T-Mobile aren't very good in my area.

There is good news concerning Sprint's network. Last week they announced the Vision rollout, which means they are moving to LTE in 2013 (which won't necessarily be a good thing for iPhone users because they are on 3G) but they are also improving the 3G network and have incorporated ways to reallocate resources for better network performance. I just took some speed tests this AM and using 3G have ranged from 1744 kbps down and 626 kbps up to 2161 kbps down and 1106 kbps up. I have noticed in the last couple weeks a lot of improvement in 3G. I belive they did this for a multitude of reasons, in part to improve service overall but to also accommodate the influx of iPhone users moving to Sprint.

this is really good news.. thanks for that.

I have been a long time Sprint customer since the late 90s and have never strayed. They always have had the best plan and I too, have the everything unlimited data plan for both me and the hubby. We pay 129/mo. You just can't beat that. I know their customer service is not the greatest. But I have had some decent experiences, you just have to get the right person.. Sort of a crap shoot.

I hope they keep the unlimited plans even after the iPhone but if they don't I won't leave..Will deal with what they give us. Was kinda bummed about them ditching the Sprint Premier program but from what I heard they did that in order to keep the unlimited plans.

DreamOutLoud65

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In my case....
I'm using a AT&T and the rate plan is as follow

Voice $40
Unlimited Data $30
Unlimited Text $20

if you were on sprint u would only be paying 79.00 (69,00 + 10 bucks for smartphone) a month for the everything data plan (unlimited) and no data caps either with sprint.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR